Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2015-01-20, 09:12 AM
Regular User

Default New stop added to GO trip

FYI

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/u...lechanges.aspx

Fare increases and now a new stop on our line to make the already long trip longer, I feel so blessed!

Phil
Old 2015-01-20, 11:17 AM
Regular User

Feel the same

We should organize a carpool to downtown or crowdfunding own transit trip
Old 2015-01-21, 01:27 PM
Regular User

Actually happy to see this (not the fare increase!). Wouldn't add more than a few minutes to the commute but would make the Go much more accessible as a commuter.

If I want to do anything downtown, I don't have to go all the way back to Union to catch the go back home.
Old 2015-01-21, 02:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtdotter View Post
Actually happy to see this (not the fare increase!). Wouldn't add more than a few minutes to the commute but would make the Go much more accessible as a commuter.

If I want to do anything downtown, I don't have to go all the way back to Union to catch the go back home.
I understand why they did this but to add it to all of our morning/evenings trips is a bit much. The minutes add up quickly for those that take it day in/day out.

Phil
Old 2015-01-21, 03:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
I understand why they did this but to add it to all of our morning/evenings trips is a bit much. The minutes add up quickly for those that take it day in/day out.

Phil
I agree with this. This month, they also moved my GO bus stop at Main and 10th Line, which added another minute to my daily commute (since I have to walk farther now). Not to mention that the new bus stop is in an exposed area, and obviously without a shelter. Terrible in bad weather when bus is late.

Public transportation in Stouffville is severely lacking.
Old 2015-01-21, 03:36 PM
Regular User

Well, relief is on the way in 15 years when we finally get double tracks and express trains!

Phil
Old 2015-01-23, 03:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Well, relief is on the way in 15 years when we finally get double tracks and express trains!

Phil
Well I can see the fares will go up and up until the breaking point that driving is costing less.
Old 2015-01-25, 07:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2008 View Post
Well I can see the fares will go up and up until the breaking point that driving is costing less.
Driving is already costing less. Especially with the recent lower price of gas, and hiked rate for Go Transit.
Old 2015-01-28, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomToronto2 View Post
Driving is already costing less. Especially with the recent lower price of gas, and hiked rate for Go Transit.
right... if 2 works in downtown and carpooling will save much more. But drive back home afternoon from DVP is headache. I tried a month in last summer and took at least one and half hour to get home. In the morning however I left earlier so only 40 min to reach downtown.
Old 2015-02-01, 10:09 PM

Default That's swell

I don't think GO put much thought into this as the last morning Slowville train
trip will be rendered useless since it arrives almost at 9AM, which of course, is the time that most people start work! It's going to kill the prior 7:16AM route
with people doubling up.

Supposedly, the Slowville line should have had better travel times when the new track was laid down around the Markham line but nothing has been shown
yet.