Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2016-01-07, 07:37 PM
Regular User

Default Pickering Airport land for sale

Hi,

So I noticed this article today: http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspa...ion-nears.html

Does it mean that the airport will never be built in there? Or am I missing something? The article says "near" and "adjacent" to the future airport. But then again, who would like to live in a "sustainable community" that is right next to the airport?
I don't know how to interpret this news. Opinions?

"That’s the area along Highway 407 adjacent to a massive federal-owned tract set aside generations ago to build an airport in Pickering.
The Ontario government expropriated the Seaton lands in the 1970s to build a new town to serve an airport that never materialized.
With Ottawa unlikely to proceed with a Pickering airport, Queen’s Park has long been working with the local council and developers to build a new “sustainable community” for 70,000 people,
Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure Minister Brad Duguid said more than 1,000 acres are being sold, with the proceeds going toward building new infrastructure."
Old 2016-01-16, 12:17 AM
Regular User

My understanding is the plan of an airport out East is not impossible, but definitely not going to be built on that Seaton piece of land, it will be sold off to further develop that area to create more jobs and housing. Correct me if I am also reading it incorrectly