Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-02-03, 04:42 AM

Default Mill Pond Hespler

Hi,
I have just purchased a Mattamy home in Cambridge. I am a first time home owner and am not sure of how this is all going to proceed. Just wondered if there is anyone out there that would like to walk along with me in the dark.
Old 2008-02-11, 04:23 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

me me me!
My bf and I had just bought a house there as well.
We bought a 36" Detatched Hillcrest Elevation A.

What did you get?

Our closing is Feb 4th of next year!!! So excited!!!

We're first time home buyers =)
Old 2008-02-17, 05:36 PM

Hello, smartsexystylish.
Love your handle!

It's so great to hear from someone!!
Guess what?? I purchased a Hillcrest also! It is an elevation B though.

Did you get any major structural changes when you signed the contract? I added the fireplace in the livingroom.

I can hardly wait until they open the Design Center in Cambridge. I am looking forward to seeing what my choices are going to be.

Have you found the blog that the Mattamy community in Milton have going? It is great information about upgrades, walkthroughs, procedures, things to think of before meeting Mattamy design personnel etc. It would be great if we could get something like that going for the Millpond Community. It would be a bit more specific to our situation. Here is the website if you haven't come across it yet and would like to take a look : www.hawthornevillager.com

I guess it is a waiting game right now. Mattamy is busy selling their large lots and haven't time to get the Center opened and running yet. Let me know if you hear from them and I'll do the same.

What street will you be on? I am on the right hand side of Callaway.
Old 2008-02-19, 03:48 PM
Regular User

Hi Callaway (Is your name for our street name lol?)

I too, am happy to hear from someone from our community!

I thought the Hillcrest layout was perfect for my boyfriend and I... Anything larger was just too much house for us!
We added the Fireplace in the living room as well as the Bay window =)
Upstairs, we upgraded our ensuite to the 4 pc one!! I can't wait to see it!!! I love ensuites haha.
And lastly, we got the upgrade for the basement (We just wanted the rough-in but we had to get the whole package.. meh!) I also want to get a Cold Cellar also! Did you get anything else other than the fireplace?

I plan on visiting the Oakville Design Centre to get a feel for how the Cambridge one will be lol! I think we get called for DC in May or June.

I am soooo jealous that Milton's blog is so awesome! I wish we had one!! I would love to start one! We should go into it together =) We could make it better HaHa!

I want to visit the site and see the area... Even though it's only dirt right now! Can you tell this is my first house? I am not too familiar with the area though. Right now, I live in Brampton. Before buying the house, I had never been to Cambridge! Nor did I really know where it was!

It's such a long waiting game! But time will fly that's for sure! I wonder when Cambridge's DC will open. The first house has been closed since Jan 19th for renovations to turn it into the DC. Definitely keep me informed if you hear anything!

We are on the right side (I think) also. We are lot #145. I am hoping for no sidewalk! And same street as you Callaway =)

Old 2008-02-20, 02:28 PM
Regular User

Welcome Aboard BabyMaeby =)

Glad to see someone else on here in our new community!

150 days before closing? Wow that is quite some time away... I just counted and it would be Sept 8th for me... I don't think I can wait that long! Mattamy told me that May or June is when our DC should be, so I don't know how come yours is later..

I think we had Feb, March and April as choices for closing... I would not be able to wait any longer then our Feb closing! I can't wait. I think being a first time and a brand new home buyer is awesome! My boyfriend and I have been looking at Resale homes for the longest time and did not find much that we would really consider moving into. We decided that we liked brand new best, and when Mattamy came along, we jumped in and bought =)

Are you a cambridge or neighbouring resident? I am from Brampton right now.

Old 2008-02-21, 09:06 AM
Regular User

The first time my boyfriend and I went to Cambridge was to look at the sales centre. And then the second was to purchase. In the upcoming weekends we'll go there to see what's around. From what we have heard (and seen) it's a lovely place to live!

I love the Milton site! I was telling "Callaway" we should set up our own website for Mattamy's Mill Pond =)
I am not too too overwhelmed right now (probably in a couple months) but also under-budgeted! Bf and I have soooo much stuff to buy as a first timer as we don't have much (we are both leaving the parent's nest!) so that should drive us both insane with the amount of things we need to buy (And things that we didn't even think of!)

Old 2008-04-12, 09:27 AM

Default Group

Please all join me, I created a group by the name of Mattamy - Mill Pond. Where we can post any new NEWS about the site along with common concerns (problems) that may arise.
Old 2008-04-12, 10:22 AM

Hey all I am new to the thread!!!!!!!
My BF and I bought the Southgate End town home and our closing date is April 10. 2009 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away but what can you do right lol. I have lived in Cambridge all my life, it is a nice place to live especially with kids.
I am going to stop buy Canac Kitchens today to see what their standard cabnits will be.

This fourm is great and I hope that it will become as big a the hawthorne one
Old 2008-04-12, 02:48 PM
Regular User

Default Welcome

Welcome Foxy! Our board is slowly gaining members! April 10 2009 , I too know what thats like as my closing date is April 15 2009. So far away but hopefully once the decor centre opens and we can get ideas the time will fly bye! So much We Want but yet it costs so much!

All the best and look forward to your future posts!
Old 2008-04-13, 10:27 PM
Regular User

Welcome Foxy!

Congrats on your new home! Let us know how the visit to Canac goes. Im curious to hear what you think about the selection.

All the best,
Lauren