Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Technology and Electronics

Home Technology and Electronics To discuss the technology that is going into your home from planning, wiring, hardware and usage.

Old 2012-06-30, 10:57 PM
Regular User

Default Satellite gurus

I just picked up a new Bell dual tuner HD PVR and want to connect it but I think I need to use an SW44.

Here is the current setup:

Two dual LNBs (4 cables) into two SW21s mounted at the dish. Two coax (1 output per SW21) feed into the basement and connect to two cables that run to the TVs.

The above setup gives me HD and regular programing at both TVs.

Now that one TV will have a dual tuner receiver it means I will need to run a second coax to the TV which is no problem because the basement is unfinished.

What I'm wondering is can I use the SW44 and connect it inside to the 2 cables coming off the SW21s? OR do I need to run 2 new lines into the house from the dish and remove the SW21s?
Old 2012-07-03, 08:18 AM
Regular User

Hi Mark & Lynda.

I am by no means a guru but I'll give it a shot.

I think that your easiest option is to remove the SW21s from the connection and connect all four feeds (2 from 91 and another 2 from 82) from the LNBs directly to the input of an SW44. Then use the SW44 to feed all the tuners in your receivers.

If you need to feed more than 4 receivers, it gets a tad bit more complicated as you need to cascade switches.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
RDG

Last edited by R_D_G; 2012-07-03 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:27 AM
Regular User

Thanks RDG.

That's what I was trying to avoid - running 2 additional lines into the house - but I think you're right. It's the only way the SW44 will work unfortunately. It needs all 4 inputs.

Oh well, guess I'll have to drill two new holes through the brick and route some RG6 coax.