Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-08-09, 06:57 PM
Regular User

Default Do you have a house progress blog?

Hi all,

As I read the threads in this forum, more and more I notice many of you have house progress blogs. I was wondering how many of you do and if so, could you post a link to it in this thread. I love reading about other people's adventures (I love Katherine&Chris's blog) and seeing the different design and decor choices they make. I guess that makes me a snoop...or just curious perhaps...whatever...I know I have a bad addiction to anything house related!

I don't have a blog. I admire those of you who do because I feel queasy just thinking about trying to keep up with my own blog, especially since I go back to work in a few weeks! I hope I am not out of line in asking for such a thread, seeing I have nothing to offer in return. I will however post pics of our house as the build progresses. Right now we have a hole in the ground with some pipes.

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013

Old 2009-08-09, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat View Post
Hi all,

As I read the threads in this forum, more and more I notice many of you have house progress blogs. I was wondering how many of you do and if so, could you post a link to it in this thread. I love reading about other people's adventures (I love Katherine&Chris's blog) and seeing the different design and decor choices they make. I guess that makes me a snoop...or just curious perhaps...whatever...I know I have a bad addiction to anything house related!

I don't have a blog. I admire those of you who do because I feel queasy just thinking about trying to keep up with my own blog, especially since I go back to work in a few weeks! I hope I am not out of line in asking for such a thread, seeing I have nothing to offer in return. I will however post pics of our house as the build progresses. Right now we have a hole in the ground with some pipes.
Great idea! I've been grabbing as many as I can from people's signatures. Ours is: http://cadahouse.blogspot.com.
Old 2009-08-09, 09:51 PM
Regular User

No, it's a hidden secret for me. Probably coz of cultural thing!!
Old 2009-08-09, 10:14 PM
Regular User

Thanks trepex! No problem hola2005! :-)

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek

Old 2009-08-10, 12:43 AM
Regular User

Mine is www.berryhurst.blogspot.com. I started mine because it was really hard to find information about my model. This is a great idea for a thread though, Good on ya!
Old 2009-08-10, 10:50 AM
Regular User

Thanks Diva! Btw, checked out your blog and I LOVE your Matrix lamp! Great choice! Overall, I like your choice in colors (very similar to mine...natural, warm earth tones).

Trepex, checked out your blog too-very helpful in terms of the progression of the build and I LOVE the tile you chose for the foyer!

Thanks guys! Great blogs! :-)

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek

Old 2009-08-10, 11:33 AM
Regular User

Thanks StrayCat! I enjoy it too and can't wait to see it hanging up in my dining room. Hopefully reading all these house blogs will convince you to take the plunge and start writing one yourself.... It's like a house journal. It's great!
Old 2009-08-10, 01:53 PM
Regular User

I'm in the process of reorganizing the blog so some of the posts may be missing, but it can be found here..
blog.dennisandsarah.com
Old 2009-08-10, 04:14 PM
Regular User

GREAT blog Dennis&Sarah! I like the sleek, modern look you're going for. I would never be able to pull it off with two cats (one black, one white so a no-win situation) and a 12 year old who loves to have "sleep"-overs...lol

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek

Old 2009-08-11, 10:02 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat View Post
GREAT blog Dennis&Sarah! I like the sleek, modern look you're going for. I would never be able to pull it off with two cats (one black, one white so a no-win situation) and a 12 year old who loves to have "sleep"-overs...lol
Thanks StrayCat. I think my tastes have changed since I've started this entire process. So it's sort of neat to look at what I used to like, to what I like now, and then to see what we actually end up with. :P