Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2004-03-02, 02:44 PM
Regular User

Default Looking for a new front door...

Hi everyone,
We have been walking around the neighbourhood ( for exercise of course ) and we were wondering about the cost of a new front door. There is one in peticular on the back side of the crescent backing on to the train tracks with a full length stained glass style door. We would like that style for our house but we don't know who to contact. Does anyone have that info. My husband saw the man dropping off flyers in the area a few weeks ago but I don't think he took a copy.

Thanks,
Trista
Lot 174
Old 2004-03-02, 05:12 PM
Regular User

Default Door

We got ours from a company called Framon. I don't think they actually have a store you can go to. They have been doing business for years by sitting on Dundas in Oakville in a pickup truck on Saturday afternoons. Anyways, they have a huge selection for window inserts with some on display and hunderds of photos. They will also customize and change things as you prefer. I like them because their selection offered choices that were a little more unique than just what you find at Home Depot etc. They are a nice couple that come and take custom measurements and then deliver and install the doors/windows a few weeks later. We chose a window insert for our existing door and a side light to go beside it. We're pretty happy with it. I don't know how they're prices compare, but the service and selection were really good. Their number is (905) 858-7536 and they have a website at: www.framon.ca. I hope this helps.

Michelle
Old 2004-03-03, 01:55 PM
Regular User

Thanks Michelle. I'll give them a call.

Trista
Old 2004-03-03, 07:09 PM
Regular User

Trysta,

We had our front door and the window over it done in matching stained glass.

The company we called was Looking Glass Decorative Windows. The man was called Murray.
(519) 241-5507.

We were very impressed with both the person and the work. They arrived on each occasion when they said they would, the work was completed as promised, and we are very happy with the product.

I've found, since moving here and hiring various services, that people who keep their word are more rare than you'd hope, so this guy impressed me.

Good luck.
Old 2009-02-27, 07:27 PM
Regular User

This company makes faux stained glass in any design you would like. They are located in Burlington and have a showroom on Harvester Road. I'm not sure if you purchase the door or they supply it.

http://westgta.sgodesignerglass.com/default.asp

Rediscover Your Home
Interior ReDesign and Staging

Effectively using what you already have to create a great space in just a day.