Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-02-15, 09:05 AM
Regular User

Default Great Gulf Forum

Hello all,

Check out the Great Gulf Forum (for the subdivision in the MOM area - River Ridge and Main Street).

They are receiving closing dates from June - September of 2007!!!!

I am hoping these are Phase 2 people........
Old 2006-02-15, 09:28 AM
Regular User

I got a reply.....Phase 2

That is a relief!
Old 2006-02-15, 09:34 AM
Regular User

This concerns me as we are all in the same boat. Mattamy, GGH and Fieldgate should all be getting the permit at the same time.

Anyone knows if dewatering has completed or not, I was at the site on Saturday and don't see any crews working at all :x
Old 2006-02-15, 10:34 AM
Regular User

They are on the same parcel of land as us (in fact, across the street and around the corner from our lot), so I think we are all affected by the same problem, as their original closing dates coincided with Mattamy's. Apparently there is an issue with conservationists opposing further dewatering of the site. It is doubtful that any of the builders really know when these houses are going to be built at this point! Makes me very nervous.
Old 2006-02-15, 10:43 AM
Regular User

I'm feeling nervous as well. As soon as I saw those posts in the GGH forum with those dates (June-Sept. 2007), I had flashbacks to all the delays we've had so far. I'm trying to stay positive, however, I hope that Mattamy will update us as soon as possible.

Katharine
Old 2006-02-15, 10:44 AM
Regular User

Three co-workers of mine purchased Great Gulf homes - two of them on the same street - right next door to the MOM site. One of them received his letter yesterday saying that his new closing date will be in July of 2007.

I am not a future resident of MOM , but I have read a post or two about the delays. The reasons stated in his letter seem to be the same as those the MOM purchasers are posting about.
Old 2006-02-15, 12:24 PM
Regular User

I am a phase 1 buyer from Great Gulf and we've receieved our letter on Monday which our new closing date is June 2007.
We originally were to close July 2006 and then pushed to November 2006 and now June 2007.
I would think all MOM buyers will be pushed as well because the watering issue lies with the land development so no homes can be built until that aspect is resolved and completed first.

I just wish all the builders would be really upfront with what's really the issue rather than just saying it's Lebovic. Why not tell us why Lebovic has not completed the land to be turned over and go into detail so that we can really make our decision based upon what is happening and if we shoud continue waiting or not. :cry:
Old 2006-02-15, 01:21 PM
Regular User

Hi, we are phase 1 GGH purchasers as well. We purchased in Feb./05 with an original closing date in Aug/06. We were told by GGH that our letter will be sent out with the next batch this Friday with our new closing date of June 7/07.

GGH have said the engineers at the site don't anticipate having the permits until July 2006. They hope it will be before that, but no promises. They are 90% complete with the servicing of the land, but the last 10% will take a while. Once the permits are issued, the GGH people will be called in for the appointments at the decor centre as we haven't had them yet.

Oh well, more time to save money for upgrades and appliances.
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2006-02-15, 01:30 PM
Regular User

What GGH said is pretty much in line with what Mattamy told us. We were told that the permit won't be released till July 06, Mattamy will have crews to standby and start digging as soon as permit is obtained. From the closing dates given by members of this forum, the earliest batch of Mattamy's will be in November 06.
Old 2006-02-15, 02:00 PM
Regular User

Just spoke with Kelly. She picked up a pile of letters (for people still waiting for closing dates) from the Mattamy offices today and she was kind enough to read it to me.

Mattamy is still anticipating being able to start building in July 2006, and anticipate meeting the November/December 2006 closings (for those receiving letters now, the closings will be January and February 2007).

I e-mailed Lisa (as Kelly advised) and I am still waiting to hear back from her.

I will post her response.