Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Hamilton-Wentworth > Ancaster

Old 2010-06-06, 06:21 PM
Regular User

Default Landmart

Anyone looking at or purchased at this site?
Old 2011-04-10, 02:58 PM

Default Landmart Referral Incentive

Hi there,

I am about to purchase a home with Landmart and they are offering a referral incentive. Basically, the person buying the home gets $1000 in upgrades if they are referred by someone who owns a Landmart home and the referring person gets $500 cash. So if you want to make $500 and don't mind sharing some basic info with me, let me know!
Old 2011-04-11, 12:04 AM

Default in landmart home

I have been in my home for a year now. Please private message me and I can fill in you. I am in the meadowlands section.
Old 2011-04-11, 08:50 PM

Hi Cabbie,

I just tried to private message you but it says that your private messaging is off. I think you enable it through the 'edit my options' tab in the control panel.
Old 2011-04-13, 11:45 PM

Hey there. Just thought I would drop you a little hint. Dont buy Landmart. I used to work there and trust me they dont care about there customers. Also the kitchen company they use is also owned by them so expect the same type of NO service from them.

To give you an idea of what they think of there homes... well let me try and explain a big issue.

Conventional framing (2x8s or 2x10s) and engineered framing (9 1/2" lvl or laminated beams or TJIs) have different expansion and contraction rates as well as different sizes. 2x10s are really 1 1/2" x 9 1/4" where as the same thing in TJIs or laminated beams are 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" x 9 1/2".

Landmart tends to use open concept ideas and uses a flush beam situation in areas that have longer spans. Well they were informed that using conventional framing with laminated beams of the same size would cause the drywall on the ceiling to crack after a season. This is due to the different expansion and contraction rates of the wood. Also it was suggested that they should cut the beam size on site to 1/4" shorter then the conventional framing and have an engineer spec it that way to make sure it still met code. After being presented with this information the owners simply shrugged it off and said "Let the guys on site figure it out".

Just a heads up. They dont care about the houses they build or the service afterwards. All they want is your money and to move on to the next victom.

Cheers and good luck.