Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2004-05-10, 11:25 AM

Default Still Meadows

Hi,

We are interested in buying a Semi in Still Meadows. I would appreciate if someone from Bristol Park can advise us about Coscorp in Milton.... like quality, service etc.

Thanks
Old 2004-05-11, 12:07 AM
Regular User

Default Still Meadows

Hello. Still Meadows will be very similiar to Bristol Park off of Main st. Take a drive around Bristol Park (Harris Blvd., Livingston Rd. etc.). All the semi-det. homes have 8" block walls. I speak for myself in saying that Coscorp has been very good. There are horror stories from people regarding different builder however, my experience has been fine with Coscorp.
I have a feeling they will open Still Meadows before the end of May. I would definitely recommend being the first one in there if you are sure about buying in Milton.

Good luck!

Sid ;)
Old 2004-05-11, 07:55 AM

Default Still Meadows

Hi Sid,

Thanks, we have the same impression that they are a better builder. Coscorp told me they offer lot of free upgrades, I could not get any details.

If you have a moment can you name few....

Thanks again.
ARK
Old 2004-05-11, 09:46 AM
Administrator

I'm unsure about their free upgrades, but I can attest to the fact that they do build a good house, as can most of my neighbours.

Sure there are some strange things here and there, but it's usually taken care of.

We've been here 1 year and they have been progressively coming back and taking care of the things on our 1 year list.

Nothing is perfect, it's a mass produced house, so you will probably have to be handy on your own once in a while (such as tightening the garage door rails)

When they start digging Still Meadows, which I think will be next summer, I should be able to photograph that too. All depends on Coscorp :(
Old 2004-05-11, 11:53 AM

Default Still Meadows

Hi Greg,

Thanks, I like this site, Coscorp & Milton. Hopefully we will be your neighbours next year.

The sales office will open end this month, any other suggestions for a first time buyer?

Thanks to advise.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:03 PM
Administrator

First time home buyer tips:

1) Don't take the first mortgage that is offered to you. Loyalty means nothing to a bank, especially if they require you to move all your accounts over to them so they can nickel and dime you on service fees.

2) Beware of upgrade prices. Do the stuff that would be a giant pain to do later (anything structural)

3) Document absolutely everything. If the sales person tells you something in relation to the sale of the house, make them write it down and then eventually into the contract. Otherwise they will deny saying it and just point out that it was _not_ written into the contract.

4) Call all your utilities way ahead of time (see the Utilities Checklist for Milton in Information on the main page)

5) Expect your closing date to change. But remember, they want you into the house as soon as possible, that way they can get the money they've outlayed for contractors and materials.

6) Learn about the Ontario New Home Warranty Program (now called Tarion). See the link under Information on the main page.

7) Hold back any anger if something goes wrong with the construction of the house. Give the builder the benefit of the doubt and allow them to try and fix it. If they cannot, then step it up a notch.

8) I'm sure there's more, but this is just what I came up with off the top of my head.

Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?
Old 2004-05-11, 01:16 PM

Default Bristol Park

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the great checklist. Appreciate your time & excited to move in a nice neighbourhood.

Regards.
ARK
Old 2004-05-11, 05:21 PM
Regular User

Default Tips

Hi again. I agree with Greg. Don't take anything for granted. Do your research and keep all records in writing, including any requests you make (should be in writing too).

Cheers and enjoy the ride,

Sid ;)
Old 2004-05-11, 10:12 PM

Default Still Meadows

Thank you Sid.