Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2011-02-22, 10:16 PM
Regular User

Unhappy year end inspection - what is covered

does anyone know if drywalls are covered in the year end warranty? if yes then, is sanding and re-painting covered and should the builder provide these repairs?

Last edited by pixee223; 2011-02-22 at 10:19 PM.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Can you be more specific about what needs repair on the drywall? Generally, builders are not too keen on re-painting at the year-end i.e. if the walls got scratched etc. They will view that as damage you caused while moving or living there. If you're talking about nail pops, I think most builders will fix them at the year end but they do not sand or repaint.
Old 2011-02-23, 10:09 PM
Regular User

PJD is right. Nail pops are covered but the builder will only mud them. The sanding and painting is up to the homeowner.

IMO it's a waste of time to ask the builder to fill nail pops. You need to schedule time, take time off work then stare at drywall compound until you get around to painting. Just easier to do it yourself when you paint. Get a tub of spackling compound or CGC drywall filler.
Old 2011-02-23, 10:29 PM
Regular User

I didn't put any nail pops on my one year either.

I've already fixed up some minor drywall cracks along with some touch up caulking in places I felt was lacking. You do it on your own time and when you feel like it.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2011-02-24, 02:26 PM
Regular User

I may have to do this in the near future myself. So, what did you guys do i.e. do you put another screw in above/below or beside it first and then screw that one back in or something?? Then you cover it with the product you mentioned and then you can sand when it's dry etc. What is the procedure?

I must admit I dread the ones on the ceiling! lol

Last edited by PJD; 2011-02-24 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2011-02-24, 02:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
I may have to do this in the near future myself. So, what did you guys do i.e. do you put another screw in above/below or beside it first and then screw that one back in or something?? Then you cover it with the product you mentioned and then you can sand when it's dry etc. What is the procedure?

Yes, pretty simple isn't it? I would take the nail ones out before puttying over it.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2011-02-24, 05:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post

The screws don't usually come out. Drive the nails back in with a nail punch, so not to dent the wall, fill, sand, paint.
Old 2011-02-24, 07:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark & Lynda View Post
The screws don't usually come out. Drive the nails back in with a nail punch, so not to dent the wall, fill, sand, paint.
I had to google image a nail punch! Thanks to both of you!

Last edited by PJD; 2011-02-24 at 08:01 PM.