Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-07-06, 12:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcello View Post
Well, I truly don’t think you will be alone there! People just don’t know maybe about this forum. But you will be just fine in your new home, I am pretty sure.

We are still on stage one by choosing the upgrades. We have chosen the Greenwich by Minto.
Upgrades chosen: potlights in basement, kitchen and living room, ensuite bathroom, Gaz for kitchen, upgraded furnaise, air condition…

well next and final step will come at the end of June for upgrade cabinets and countertops…
we have that model too but we're in avalon.
the potlights are great we have those on the main level and upper hallway but i would say to get the AC after you move in and not with the builder. i think its 3k to get through minto? we got ours a few days ago with axis and we paid like 2100 or something including everything. its a huuuge difference.

Old 2011-07-06, 12:57 PM

Ohhh no too late! The AC has been already choose for framing ($3.626,00).
Anyway at least everything will be done...
Old 2011-07-06, 01:39 PM
Regular User

wow that sucks. we got ours installed the day after we closed.

dont get maple hardwood though. we ended up getting a million scratches on ours within 2 days of getting our keys ... its so sad. shouldnt have pushed furniture on the floor eh?

Old 2011-07-06, 02:07 PM

I need to make sure about it, but I think the harwood is oak and handrail maple... need to check that... ouhhh scary !!
Old 2011-07-07, 05:30 PM
Regular User

Oh no, the floor i want is maple also! Frustrating Is yours what they call a 'hard' maple?

So although the excavation for our lot was supposed to begin today, we were told it's now schedule for August 15. That's just less than 4 months until our closing date (Dec 8). I'm not too worried yet, but I mean can they really build the house that quickly!?
Old 2011-07-12, 03:16 PM
Regular User

Just found out our closing has been delayed from December 8 to April 5. Very frustrated right now.
Old 2011-08-17, 09:41 AM
Regular User

Well, we're still delayed, but we're finalizing all our design choices this month. Exciting but man it's so easy to have the costs pile up! The big decisions for us this round were skipping the backsplash (cause we'll have one installed when we put the granite in upon mov-in), and birch shaker cabinets or the thermofoil ones. I’ve decided to bite the bullet and go with birch. And I still need to decide for sure, but I think I’m going to widen the HW plank…we have HW all through the main floor (including the kitchen), and I really prefer the look of the wider plank, but I hate the price tag! I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s just a drop in the (massive) bucket, though.

Last time I drove by the area, they had a gravel road entering from Pagé that appeared to go straight across to the Minto area (must be Trailsedge rd), and also curve down my street (Contour Ave). My car wasn’t enjoying the bumpy ride, so I’ll have to go explore on foot some day soon.

We’re still waiting for notice as to when the excavations will take place, but last I heard it would be late August. Fingers are crossed!

There also seems to be some landscaping work going on at the pond… Does anyone know what the plan is for that area in the short term?
Old 2011-09-14, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Okay... Streets are paved and street signs are up, and they're currently running the gas lines. I'm told that once the utilities are all done and passes inspection, construction will begin! I'm very impatient and excited to get rolling.
Old 2011-09-20, 02:02 PM
Regular User

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on the site who's bought a Richcraft home in TrialsEdge, but I'll continue to post updates anyways...

We were told that excavation has begun! Excited to go check out the progress!
Old 2011-09-22, 10:01 AM
Regular User

We live in a Minto townhome at Trailsedge, but we are looking to upgrade. I went in to the Richcraft sales centre yesterday, and the sales lady did tell me that they have begun excavating, and I can see it too!! we are currentlly interested in the Fullerton.