Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-04-08, 02:28 PM
Regular User

Default Dyson Group Buy

Looking at getting the New Dyson DC35. I spoke to Super Vacs we can start a Group Buy with 6 or more people, Mix and match all Dyson models with up to $30 off suggested price. Free Shipping in Canada! See attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	8218  
Old 2011-04-08, 04:16 PM
Regular User

I'm in! I've been looking for this!!! I want it asap though...How soon can we get them?
Old 2011-04-08, 04:43 PM
Regular User

any idea how much that digital slim model is?

Old 2011-04-08, 04:54 PM
Regular User

It is retailing for $349. So if they can give us $30 off it'll be about $320.
Old 2011-04-08, 05:10 PM
Regular User

Speaking of Dyson, I have seen them for sale at Winners and some models have 50% off at the Bay so if you are in the market for one, make sure you keep an eye out at those places.

I bought one last year from Home Outfitters and absolutely love it.
Old 2011-04-08, 06:53 PM
Regular User

springtime so kind of you to offer - 6 posts in 6 cities' forums suggesting a group buy

so are you the salesperson or what?
Old 2011-04-08, 08:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Speaking of Dyson, I have seen them for sale at Winners and some models have 50% off at the Bay so if you are in the market for one, make sure you keep an eye out at those places.

I bought one last year from Home Outfitters and absolutely love it.
Are the Winners ones refurbished?
I didn't know that they go on sale for an considerable amounts (eg 50% off). They have standardized pricing which prevents retailers from marking them down too much, underselling the competition. That's why when I bought mine in Nov with the extra bonus gift card promo ($250 in "money cards") they had the cancel the money card incentive. They were only allowed giving the 1million HBC point (which equals $135 anyways!).
Curious...
Old 2011-04-09, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Are the Winners ones refurbished?
I didn't know that they go on sale for an considerable amounts (eg 50% off). They have standardized pricing which prevents retailers from marking them down too much, underselling the competition. That's why when I bought mine in Nov with the extra bonus gift card promo ($250 in "money cards") they had the cancel the money card incentive. They were only allowed giving the 1million HBC point (which equals $135 anyways!).
Curious...
I don't know for a fact but I would have to say the models at Winners are probably *refurbs* and possibly carry a shorter warranty than the regular models. Nothing wrong with that mind you, i have bought plenty of refurb electronics and they are still running fine.

A few older models recently had 50% off at the Bay. You can check out this thread for more info

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/warm-...-each-1018157/

I know Dyson vacuums don't typically go on sale so it was no surprise it's pretty much sold out when all is said and done.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:23 PM
Regular User

If anyone is still looking for a Dyson, certain models are $100 off at Future Shop.

You can also grab a Miele upright at FS for $299 which is half off the original price. I have not used a Miele before but I heard it's on par with a Dyson and for $299 and a 5 years warranty, i think it's quite a steal.
Old 2011-04-11, 12:37 PM
Regular User

They said they will be available in May, If we call the store and do a deposit we can guarantee we can get them.