Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-07-10, 03:56 PM
Regular User

Default Windows

I was just wondering if anyone else has approached Mattamy regarding the mismatched windows that the window contractor is installing in the back of many of the houses in Wheler's Mill? I am in the process of getting them to replace the window that they have installed in the kitchen since it is a different style than all of the other windows in the house (we have windows in which the bottom half of the pane is clear and the top half has the white divider lines - the one they have installed in the kitchen has the lines all the way through and is the only one in our house like that). I understand that they install the clear glass windows at the sides of the house, but the mismatched windows in the back look like they ran out of the windows they were installing in the rest of the house and just threw whatever would fit into the opening. At first I thought that it was only our house that they did this to, but Sean and I went for a walk behind the rest of the houses on Little Rouge and noticed that quite a few houses had one or two windows in the back that were very noticeably "different".

Laurie

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2006-07-10, 06:34 PM
Regular User

I think ours are mached okay but I'm having Mattamy re-install one of our front bedroom windows because it wat not level. I will not sign my PDI till they fix it. There is a Camton model being built with one of the front bedroom window installed way out of level. I think Mattamy needs to find a new window contractor.
Moved In
Old 2006-07-10, 07:16 PM
Regular User

one of the windows we saw yesterday had fallen right out of the house and was laying face down on the ground. luckily it was a basement window so it didn't have far to go. Can't recall which lot it was. edit: now that i think about it...it was a 1st floor window

Laurie is really set on getting this window changed in our place, they have already done the trim and everything. i can see her point but shudder to think what damage the window company might do taking it out and putting in another one. i know it would be fixed but i'd rather not have it happen at all.

this was the window that was missing during our framewalk while all the others had been in for a while. we started letting them know it was wrong from the first time we saw it roughed in there but the trim guy did his job anyway.

other than that all our other windows looked like they were done ok.

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!