Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2012-01-05, 07:40 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb Some People are Just Weird

I had flattened out a medium sized cardboard box this morning and stuffed it into the black recycling box. The cardboard box went up to my belly.....I'm about 5' 8". There were also two styrofoam pieces so I placed those in a garbage bag and sandwiched this bag between the snow bank and the black recycling box so that the wind wouldn't blow it away.

The garbage men were a bit late today because they were about to start my street and I never see them normally after work. As I walked closer to my driveway, I could see that the flattened out cardboard box and styrofoam bag were gone. Initially, I thought the wind had blown both of them away but a closer look a the black box revealed that someone had folded the cardboard box even further and stuffed it neatly back into the box. I suspect this same person took the styrofoam bag which doesn't really bother me. I'm more weirded out that someone thought I did a bad job at collapsing the cardboard and felt the need to do it for me.

I've read about how neighbours steal other peoples recycling boxes, sifting through others peoples garbage, cleaning up other wind tossed messes but I don't think anyone has had their garbage re-organized in a neat and tidy manner. As the title says, some people are just weird.

And thanks I guess to the person(s) involved.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2012-01-05, 08:56 PM
Regular User

I wish more people would clean up their wind tossed messes (or pack their recycling bins better) because my yards seems to be a gathering zone for all the crap from the neighbourhood.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:03 AM
Regular User

Maybe they did blow away. Someone noticed it and put the cardboard back, folding it better to make sure it didn't blow away again. Who know?
Old 2012-05-17, 09:36 AM
Regular User

you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
I had flattened out a medium sized cardboard box this morning and stuffed it into the black recycling box. The cardboard box went up to my belly.....I'm about 5' 8". There were also two styrofoam pieces so I placed those in a garbage bag and sandwiched this bag between the snow bank and the black recycling box so that the wind wouldn't blow it away.

The garbage men were a bit late today because they were about to start my street and I never see them normally after work. As I walked closer to my driveway, I could see that the flattened out cardboard box and styrofoam bag were gone. Initially, I thought the wind had blown both of them away but a closer look a the black box revealed that someone had folded the cardboard box even further and stuffed it neatly back into the box. I suspect this same person took the styrofoam bag which doesn't really bother me. I'm more weirded out that someone thought I did a bad job at collapsing the cardboard and felt the need to do it for me.

I've read about how neighbours steal other peoples recycling boxes, sifting through others peoples garbage, cleaning up other wind tossed messes but I don't think anyone has had their garbage re-organized in a neat and tidy manner. As the title says, some people are just weird.

And thanks I guess to the person(s) involved.