Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-07-15, 12:35 AM
Regular User

Question Windows

We realized that all casement windows throughout the entire house, regardless of the number of panels, only "one" panel could be opened. Ex. only one panel could be opened from the 5-panel bow window installed at the great room.

Anyone knows if this is the standard?
Old 2006-07-15, 04:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda & Stephen
We realized that all casement windows throughout the entire house, regardless of the number of panels, only "one" panel could be opened. Ex. only one panel could be opened from the 5-panel bow window installed at the great room.

Anyone knows if this is the standard?
Yep, only one opening pane per room is what we were told. You could of added extra opening panes as an upgrade.

Jason
2007...MOVED IN!

Last edited by miko1234; 2006-07-15 at 06:15 AM.
Old 2006-07-15, 08:35 AM
Regular User

We noticed that all windows in either the MOM or GGH area of the subdivision have the white cross hatch. Is that standard with the casement windows? Is there any way to get the casement without the cross hatch through the centre of the window?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Linda
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2006-07-15, 03:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Linda
We noticed that all windows in either the MOM or GGH area of the subdivision have the white cross hatch. Is that standard with the casement windows? Is there any way to get the casement without the cross hatch through the centre of the window?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Linda
Anything facing public area in Mattamy has the mullons (sp?).

The windows facing the sides and rear of our house do not have mullons.

Jason
2007...MOVED IN!
Old 2006-07-16, 07:52 AM
Regular User

ASHFORD owners:
Only 1 of our family room windows opens, but the plans show that 2 out of the 4 panes should open. Anyone else notice this with their windows?

I emailed Lisa to find out about this.

We upgraded the master bedroom with an additional operating window (which they did right).
Old 2006-07-17, 01:06 PM
Regular User

Default Ashford Windows

We noticed this too on our Ashford - only one pane opening. The email thread above indicates that that one opening is standard. If you find you anything different from Lisa, please let us know.
Old 2006-07-17, 04:37 PM
Regular User

When we paid for the additional operator in the master BR, the plans Vanessa (our design consultant) gave us showed little triangles indicating operators in 2 of the family room windows... we didn't upgrade the family room for that reason.

I emailed Lisa but she's out of the office today, so hopefully she'll get back to me some time tomorrow.
Old 2006-07-17, 05:16 PM
Regular User

Just curious, how much did you pay for additional operator ?
Old 2006-07-17, 05:19 PM
Regular User

I think it was around $170, I'd have to check the paperwork at home. I just thought that for the master, one small window might not let enough air around in the summer. We didn't do any of the other rooms because the front BR is too shielded by the bathroom/porch that sticks out in front to get a breeze, and the other window is at the side of the house, so not really worth it there either.

I'll be really annoyed if it's only 1 operator in the family room, because if I knew we would have upgraded there as well.
Old 2006-07-19, 01:41 PM
Regular User

Default *ashford Family Room Windows*

I got a response back from Lisa today regarding my question about the missing operating window. Here's her response:

"We have informed Jeldwen Windows to let them know that as per the drawing your model shows that two operating windows are required for the windows in the family room. This will be changed as indicated on the drawings. Please let me know if you have any further concerns."

So if you have an Ashford with only one operator in the family room, contact Lisa Demetriadis and let her know.

Phew! I'm relieved to hear that.