Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2012-05-31, 10:27 AM
Regular User

Question Process of the Closing from the builder

Hi Guys,
The closing date is coming closer and closer and since this is a first time when we are buying home we have a lot of questions about the process

The questions mainly about scheduling the moving:
For example we have our closing on date X (seems like firm now) – what is a process before and if that date could be delayed (so we in trouble since we have give two months notice to rent)
So before the closing we will have PDI (how many days before)?
Let say closing on day X – could builder postpone this day with short notice (less than two months)?
If I have closing on day X – could I plan move on day X+1, X+2, is it realistic or I need some additional arrangements?
Can I schedule appliances delivery and connection of Cable/Security system on X+1, is it realistic?

Second part of the question about house:
When they will place the grass – we will get house without grass?
Same for driveway

Will they show us how to use heating/cooling system?

I assume water/electricity will be connected, right?

If someone have advises about all this process we will be very appreciated.

Also if someone know good home inspector for PDI I will happy to get the details.

Thanks!