Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2016-12-28, 12:00 PM
Regular User

Default Cleave View Estates | Aspen Ridge, CountryWide Homes, Regal Crest, Townwood Homes

This thread is for discussing the new development in Brampton on Mississauga Road, just south of Williams Parkway.

We've purchased a 47' lot from Aspen Ridge. Our closing is slated for Feb 2018.

Anyone else want to share (i.e. brag about) what their getting? :P
Old 2016-12-31, 01:07 PM
Regular User

Congrats m3freak!
We bought a 47' from CountryWide.
Our closing is scheduled for December 2017. Super excited!
Any other future neighbours out there?
Old 2017-01-01, 09:07 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealowner View Post
Congrats m3freak!
We bought a 47' from CountryWide.
Our closing is scheduled for December 2017. Super excited!
That's sweet!! Congratulations! Which model and elevation did you get?

We got the Marina C: we love the exterior contemporary design! I wish it followed through on the inside of the home. Overall it's nothing like the custom, minimalist home designs we're seeing crop up in the GTA (I loooooooove those). Actually, Cleave View's contemporary designs aren't even like the contemporary designs in Upper West Side. Those homes were contemporary inside and out.

Anyhoo, I'm very excited, too!
Old 2017-01-01, 10:08 AM
Regular User

Beautiful home m3freak.
We went for elevation B of the Amethyst model. Always been a fan of stone and stucco.
Have you had any of your appointments yet?
We drove by the site a couple of weeks ago. So exciting to see the hydrants in and the temporary street signs up.
Any other Countrywide owners out there?
Old 2017-01-01, 01:31 PM
Regular User

Default Countrywide

Hi guys, we bought a 38 ft from countrywide. Our closing is october 2017, but the sales office insists that there is very likely a delay till spring 2018. Regardless we are super excited!!
Old 2017-01-01, 02:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoxox View Post
Hi guys, we bought a 38 ft from countrywide. Our closing is october 2017, but the sales office insists that there is very likely a delay till spring 2018. Regardless we are super excited!!
Hey! That's good to know. I asked the head office about that and they seemed to know nothing about it. I'll be sure to follow up though since we are selling our current home and don't want to be staying with family for too long. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 2017-01-02, 12:53 AM
Regular User

Good to see the Cleave View on the forum. I have bought 47' Norther Elev B from Regal Crest, with a closing in Jan 2018. I am hoping the closing to be delayed till spring for easy move. The builder has not shown any hints on delays yet. There is not much going on at Regal Crest sale office for Cleave View as well. They are now selling another community these days. Waiting for decor centre meeting. This will be my first home from a builder directly and hoping a lot of learning from the project.

It will be good to know any updates from other builders.
Old 2017-01-02, 09:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealowner View Post
Have you had any of your appointments yet?
We already had our structural appointment in early December. Actually, we weren't able to finish within the allotted time and we had questions about some upgrades our rep wasn't able to get answers to during the meeting. So, we're going in again next week to finish up.

I think we're going to have our colour appointment well before the summer. That's the one that's going to be even more time consuming.

I don't see any hint of delays and I hope it stays that way!
Old 2017-01-02, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy View Post
There is not much going on at Regal Crest sale office for Cleave View as well. They are now selling another community these days.
No wonder: Regal Crest is sold out!

The very first sales person I spoke to at Aspen Ridge said the site will have roughly 400 homes. I think the builders only released half of the lots so far.

I found a document on the City of Brampton website that detailed the surveying and lots more about the Cleave View development. The whole area has been in the planning for about 10 years. The builders argued since the city's desire to have 1000 executive homes in the area have been generally fulfilled by Medallion on the East side of Mississauga Road, Cleave View doesn't need to be another Executive home community: the City of Brampton agreed.

To appease the existing home owners south of Cleave View (very, very large lots with a mix of large to smaller homes), the community was designed to be:

- mostly residential: a few executive size lots (50' and 60') with a majority of lots being 47' and 38'
- no access to their neighbourhood from Cleave View Estates
- the southern end of the development will have the vast majority of larger lots with the development slowly changing over to the 38' lots at about the half way point.
- the homes in the development were given upgraded exterior finishings in order to blend in with the Medallion development and the existing homes south of Cleave View
- the homes along Mississauga Rd are on larger lots and will apparently be getting even more upgraded exterior treatments so that Cleave View doesn't look out of place

There's another community in the planning stages west of Cleave View. It's apparently going to be an executive home development, not residential.

I hope the $1 billion retail and commercial development planned for Mississauga Rd and Bovaird Dr gets the go ahead. The developer behind it wants to build a regional, enclosed shopping mall and lots more.

The area in general is going to be very nice!
Old 2017-01-02, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Hi all, we purchased 52' Shamal Elev C from Regal Crest. Closing is Dec - Jan. Very excited and it's great to connect with future neighbors via this forum.