Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-07-15, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
So I also just checked the Caivan website, just in case they have any news...

Looks like they are now advertising a new location "The Ridge" which looks like is in the Half Moon Bay area (below Jock River)/Barrhaven South.

Like I mention before, with Minto's Harmony, Riversbend, Quinn's Pointe, Claridge upcoming Watter's Pointe, Tamarack's The Meadows, Mattamy's HMB and HMB West, Richcraft building Condos behind Home Depot, and Caivan's The Conservancy and now The Ridge... Barrhaven is going to get extremely busy and noisy around Greenbank Road. Must think Greenbank re-alignment needs to be a priority now.

https://caivan.com/communities/theridge/register/

We were told by Mattamy last year that the new Greenbank bridge was pushed out ten years to 2028...
Old 2019-07-16, 01:15 PM
Regular User

Looks like Phase 1 is getting sod installed! Phase 2 soon I suppose?
Old 2019-07-18, 11:17 AM
Regular User

There's construction at the Chapman Mills Drive extension (Harmony sales office) where it meets Strandherd.. they're putting in a triangle curb. This means no more left-turns west onto Strandherd when exiting, and no left turns into Chapman Mills drive when on Strandherd westbound.

Speaking of the Chapman Mills Drive extension, does anyone know how it crosses/stretches past Greenbank? I wonder if it'll intersect north of the Jockvale/Greenbank intersection and just follow west
Old 2019-07-18, 10:54 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_dogs View Post
There's construction at the Chapman Mills Drive extension (Harmony sales office) where it meets Strandherd.. they're putting in a triangle curb. This means no more left-turns west onto Strandherd when exiting, and no left turns into Chapman Mills drive when on Strandherd westbound.

Speaking of the Chapman Mills Drive extension, does anyone know how it crosses/stretches past Greenbank? I wonder if it'll intersect north of the Jockvale/Greenbank intersection and just follow west
Interesting...I believe on the plans this intersection was planned to get traffic lights put in eventually? I don't know what a triangle curb is but could this be the first step in adding lights?

Not sure exactly what the extension is going to look like but there are some maps here: https://documents.ottawa.ca/sites/de...oards_s_en.pdf

On page 2 it makes it look like it will intersect Greenback right at Jockvale, but on page 12 the proposed plan makes it look like Jockvale is going to be realigned completely and will not cross Greenbank.

This is a pretty old document though, there may be updated plans. In this one it mentions the extension is slated for 2020-2025 while the BRT corridor is not till post-2031.
Old 2019-07-19, 10:56 AM
Regular User

Yes, traffic lights will eventually be installed as part of the widening of Strandherd. It's especially needed as the French school will be just right there also. So this is just temporary.

The "triangle curbs" was just a term I kind of made up.. It's almost like the curb that's used to enter/exit Home Depot (the "other" entrance, not the one on Jockvale/Strandherd)
Old 2019-10-20, 11:39 AM
Regular User

Hey there fellow Minto owners,

I was hoping that there would be someone on this thread that purchased a 3BR + Loft version of the Bronte?

I have tried looking online to see if I could stumble upon interior pictures of this model, but I've had no luck. I'm posting in this thread because it appears that there are no owners of this model in Mahogany.

Here's hoping!

Thanks,
Dee