Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2007-11-05, 08:53 PM
Regular User

Talking Our Alton Community

For the last little while i've been reading the forum and i'm very happy to see a community coming together. However, as of lately it has upset me to see particular postings targeting Sundial Homes. It is in our best interest for future resale value to address specific issues without stating vague accusations that pertain to the builder as a whole. For certain individuals that post on the forums who are not satisfied with Sundials upgrades or construction quality the only suggestion i can make to you is to SELL your HOUSE and the problems that have come along with it!! For everyone else best of luck and enjoy your new HOME!!
Old 2007-11-06, 08:41 AM

I have been keeping up with the Stucco saga as well from an outsiders perspective and I completely understand the frustration that The Nile is expressing. Unfortunately the builder does not seem to have lived up thier expectations on a very specific feature. I can't imagine how upsetting it is to buy a house you plan to make into a home for yourself only to find out that the very first thing you'll see when you arrive home is unsatisfactory.

As it seems so far that the builder is either not willing or not be able to please the home owner, the only other course of action is to sell. Alton Village is a very sought after community on the real estate market. Though I agree with the principles that The Nile is defending, they would probably be able to make a profit on the sale and save themselves a lot of stress should this issue continue.

To The Nile: Good Luck. I hope you resolve your issue with your builder with the help of your lawyer.
Old 2007-11-06, 09:49 AM

The builder has covered their butts well
Old 2007-11-07, 07:02 PM
Regular User

Default Alton

Alton Owners & Burlington Bound thanks you for making some good points! If you think you have major problems with the builder handle it offline or through the legal system. Stop making the community look bad and people hesitant when they should be excited about their new homes!

If stucco means that much to you pay the $13K and get it done already. I am sure it won't be your only upgrade. Your nice home will be even nicer.
Old 2007-11-07, 09:26 PM
Regular User

I'm without a doubt that Alton community will certainly be one of the nicest looking areas around. I'm not out to bash any builders. I'm on a forum exchanging information with other people that are making the same investment decisions. I'm done on this forum at least with the stucco issue. I think when everyone has closed and if wish to sell, all "new home buyers" issues will be in the past no matter what is posted here. We should be comparing notes. There is a lot of good advice in this forum. SPEAK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!
Old 2007-11-07, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Thanks folks.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2007-11-10, 11:40 PM

Default Speak up, this is the place

The only reason drawn my interest coming to this forum is to share the joy and frastration with folks like Nile together as we are building a true community to help each other, learn lessons each other, share the views of builders and upgrades ..etc.

The good community is not maintained by a lie, the house value is not maintained by a lie, the same reason goes to a builder reputation, the forum contributes great value to new house purchasers, potential your neighbours, your friends, your son/daughter's classmates, so they can benefit from other experience, so they will not repeat other people mistakes. Isn't that great ?

Shouldn't we speak up ?