Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-03-05, 02:45 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

Hi Style,
I totally agree with you!! I will do anything just to have my new home! I love the feeling of Cambridge. I think Brampton is getting so out of hand! It's getting busier and busier by the day. Plus the housing is way more affordable in Cambridge than in Brampton. I don't know if you did any price comparisions with the new homes available in Brampton versus the new homes in Cambridge. Much bigger and better bang for your buck in Cambridge!

Hi BabyMaeby,

The Bf and I plan to go to the Sales Centre by Mid - End of March, so I shall definatly keep you all in the loop if I find out anything.

Also, I don't know if any of you noticed yet, someone of the houses and elevations went up by $1,000 on the Mattamy website. I know our house and elevation went up by $1,000 last week (Or the week before)
I know when they released our blocks of houses, the price went up $3,000 in the course of the weekend. We purchased our house the week after the pricing went up =\ And they wouldn't let us have the original pricing we had on our sheets. Meh at least it wasn't 5 or more thousand dollar jump!

Old 2008-03-05, 05:41 PM
Regular User

Aww you were lucky to get in before the price mark-up!!! Yea well now your house is $4,000 more than you purchased... And they have not even dug anything yet. I heard as soon as the shovel hit's the ground, our prices will go up for sure also. I'm pretty happy about that.

Yea, the first time we had gone to Cambridge was to look at the house, the next time we were there (the following weekend) we purchased. We went the 2nd time to ask some questions and we ended buying =)

I can't wait to see stuff happening up there!

I don't think I mentioned that I went up there 2 Sunday's ago... They had the land all surveyed (I guess that's what it's called?) And tons and tons of machinery. It looks like they will get started as soon as the weather co-operates which is good =)
I even took pictures on my camera phone (haha) Yes, I will be one of those people who go by in stages to visit their house and take pictures!!
That's why I can't wait until there is some action up there!! So excited =)

Old 2008-03-05, 08:07 PM
Regular User

Great Nothing wrong with taking pictures and getting in your house when you can! LOL I plan on being there every few weeks when they really get to work and start framing and all! : } I remember when my wife and I bought this Great Gulf house new and we got a letter from the builder telling us that although you might be tempted to check on the stage of your house blah blah it isnt safe and therefore stay away! Do you think we listened! I think it is imperative to check on the status cause I have a friend who is supposed to move into a new home on March 29. We went up there and we saw that his complete finished basement was damaged as a pipe burst from outside and flooded the whole basement ruining the carpets and everything. Now the builder says they refuse to replace the carpet just dry it out! Can you believe that!

The whole proccess is very exciting trust me. The closing costs are something as well but that's another story! : } I'm sure after we get there and get settled we will get to know our neighbours through a stroll through the community!

Just keep the beer on Ice and enjoy the whole experience cause it may be summer or later till they break grown. When I bought a house here they broke ground in June and we moved in Nov 21.

All the best to you and your significant others and hope to see you around. till then we can continue to monitor this message board and chat! : }
Old 2008-03-06, 03:02 PM
Regular User

Oh Wow Style, I can't believe your friend is getting stuck with ruined carpets. Isn't there anything they can do to get the builder to fix it? I hope we don't have any nightmares! Haha that's funny that GGH would send you a letter asking you to keep away. Even if I receive a letter from Mattamy, there is no keeping me away. I want to see it at all stages! Wow I thought that they would break ground when better weather starts up (I don't know much about new homes!) But June - Nov is only 5 months. I guess they will start in the summertime as well, as they have no real rush as its 11 month away. I was hoping it would start sooner so I can see some action, but I guess I will have to be patient lol.

I am scared to see what our closing costs are going to amount to. I think the Lawyers fees are whats going to kill it. So far as I see it, it's such a huge expense. It makes me mad as I could very well put my hard earned money elsewhere!

I can't wait until Mattamy University to also meet everyone =) I know when we last went to the Sales Centre we didn't have actual neighbours yet, so I wonder if anyone has purchased those lots. If no one buys them, I wonder what houses they'll build next to us.

There is not much info out on the web about Mattamy's Mill Pond (ie. websites or larger forums like previous Mattamy communites like I've seen) so right now, I have been attached to this site. I wish we had more action (with visitors and ground breaking) to talk about though. but so far there is 4 (I think) of us here =) Slowly but surely!

Old 2008-03-09, 03:36 PM
Regular User

Man I am getting so restless as I can't wait to move outta Brampton and head to Cambridge! I wish the house was started so at least i could see something more then a field of snow and a bunch of machines. : } Just called Mattamy and asked when they anticipate allowing us to pick our brick and siding selection. they said awhile yet although at our purchase time they said a couple weeks. They also said the decor centre will open at the end of March!

Kinda crappy when they take the money and not get to see any progress! : } But we are used to this as we went through this with our current house!

Hopefully the time will fly bye,till then we will visit the decor centre on the weekends when they open and have our selections ready for when our decor appointment comes in the fall most likely! : }
Old 2008-03-11, 05:42 PM
Regular User

I aslo am getting restless. I can't wait until progress is made so we can visit! Everytime something/someone drives me nuts in Brampton, I say "Ugh, three hundred and Xxx days until we move!!"

Yay!! I can't wait until the decor centre opens! I can't wait to look at our selections available. I change my mind alot so I need to look at it, then change my mind a million times before finally settling down on it all... Oh man... this should be fun! I was told at the time of purchase that we would be making out selections for decor sometime in May, June... so I am hoping they don't make me wait until the fall.. I think I will go stir crazy!

Oh so you are a second time round new home buyer then Style? This is our first time, so ALL of this is new to us!! Did you buy a Mattamy home previously? If not, what made you come to Mattamy?

Old 2008-03-11, 06:40 PM
Regular User

No we bought a Great Gulf Home in Brampton with this current home. The Mattamy sales office wasnt open yet! Great Gulf builts solid homes as well. I grew up in Heartlake but we currently live in Northwest Brampton area going towards Georgetown bear the Fortinos!

Mattamy has a great reputation and I like to go with the best when you are paying for something that is a long term investment! Plus I think their floor plans with architectural selections speak for themselves!

I just cant wait to leave the hectic Brampton for a quieter change of pace community in Mill Pond where hopefully the neighbours will be friendly and outgoing and make everyone proud of their community! : }
Old 2008-03-12, 02:45 PM
Regular User

I see. I heard many good things about Mattamy, and then when I received the email with them releasing the 34's we decided to go and check it out. We looked and looked in Brampton at all their Resales and out of about 50 homes we saw, we only really liked 3 pretty much. Then we had always said if we could afford new and saw something we really liked, we would get it. Insert Mill Pond and here we are =)

When we were looking at resale homes, you would see in the headlines "Great built Mattamy Home" So you know that having a Mattamy home, will be a better investment (My opinion) I loved their floor plans! I think I loved everyone but the Preston(?) The one with the Master Bedroom on the main floor. That was the only one I disliked, as I would rather be traditional and have the master upstairs with the rest of the rooms.

And I agree with you fully, I can not wait to come home to peace and quiet Cambridge! From what I heard, it sounds like it's going to be amazing! I am hoping we all get great neighbours that will make our community outstanding! I also love the amount walking/biking trails they have alloted. My dog is going to love going on walks daily =) And it'll get us out and about around the community meeting other home owners!

Old 2008-03-14, 05:04 PM
Regular User

HaHa babymaeby,

I have a golden cocker spaniel (super hyper!!) and he doesn't understand either. He will be sooo happy when he has his own backyard. I, like you, live in an apartment! He goes crazy when he gets to go outside for a walk and wants to be out there forever.

Old 2008-03-15, 01:34 PM
Regular User

Just got off the phone with Mattamy and they told me that the scheduled opening date for the decor centre is April 5! Also told me to call back closer to that time to reconfirm but as it looks now it is April 5 2008. Damn with the nice weather approaching I would like to get in there and have a guideline on what we want and what it will cost! But at least I will have a year and 10 days till I close from that point!

Lets get the show on the road: } Would like to see some progress and will be going crazy if as I expect i dont see any construction started on our lot this summer. Oh well the joys of buying a new home. just hope they dont have any construction delays and everything goes A-OK!

Hope to see you all when we move in although by the sounds of it, we may see some of you at that decor centre as I'm sure we will be there frequently as my wife and I will need lots of time to scheme and all! : }