Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2008-06-29, 10:20 PM
Regular User

lol.. now atleast you know if that thing end up showing in the pics online, somebody might think of it as an ash tray. (may be it is just me.. lol) You can leave it there during showing but not in the listing picture.
Living room looks a little better, but again, I would like to see unobstructed windows. you can try finding a better place for AC..

Last edited by Mudz; 2008-06-29 at 10:26 PM.
Old 2008-06-29, 10:27 PM
Regular User

ALSO... The air conditioner is a huge eye sore. I am moving the lamp beside the tv (see photo) to the other side of the room beside the big book shelf. the little table and accent lamp are going out. Will be moving the tv and sub woofer over about a foot, and moving the air conditioner beside the tv in the corner, it will be more tucked out of the way in that location and not staring at you...

Taking it out of the room is NOT an option... nothing worse than going to see a house and wanting to get the heck out because it's so bloody hot! and yes the Wii stuff will be moved out and the cord mess tidied up.

Old 2008-06-29, 10:44 PM
Regular User

Now thats a different picture.. lamp should stay where it was.. but that is the perfect spot for AC.. Move tables a bit. And also all the TV wires has to be hidden behind. Wii (or whatever game console it is) can go behind somewhere.
Old 2008-06-29, 11:50 PM
Regular User

I moved the air conditioner:

Now here's what the sitting area looks like: Just have to figure out exact placement of that chair:

I think i might hide the foot stool and put it perpendicular to the love seat.
Old 2008-06-30, 09:16 AM
Regular User

Much better!.. but again no remotes, cups, food, wires before showing..
Old 2008-06-30, 10:04 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudz View Post
Damn, I thought the lived in look was in! What about the pants on the foot stool beside the sewing box. I read in House and Home it was totally en vogue..
Old 2008-06-30, 10:26 AM
Regular User

One thing to do is remove all personal photos from the walls; I noticed a couple in the pictures you posted. Most people have a hard time envisioning their family in the house when there are pictures of your family everywhere; itís a subconscious thing. If you want to keep the frames, replace the pictures in them with scenery, etc. We did that and it made a big difference, it will make you visitors much more comfortable when they visit you home.

Other than that the only other thing is I would remove the coffee table in the living room, it will make the room feel bigger. Can you hide it somewhere? We put ours in our basement while were showing our house and brought it up when we did not have visitors.

Hope that helps...

Mike
Old 2008-06-30, 10:38 AM
Regular User

Our stager was brutal (but it worked) we had 5 pages of note - not kidding! Basically everything on the floor has to go including tables, rugs, lamps - everything! Make sure there is a consistent flow to your house. As i mentionned in an earlier post white drapes - almost sheers - throughout the house. We changed all the hardware on our bathroom vanities to silver. Changed all door handles to silver. Got rid of all ceiling fans. Shower curtains all were changed to white. White towels for the bathroom. They placed tons of fake flowers and plants everywhere. Basically it made an impact.
I can try to post the pics ...

Basically half (if not most of our house) was in the basement, garage or in storage.

Quote:
Old 2008-06-30, 11:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine&Chris View Post
Damn, I thought the lived in look was in! What about the pants on the foot stool beside the sewing box. I read in House and Home it was totally en vogue..
Well lived in look comes when there is no dust on items.. But if remotes and food are there, it looks like you were in the middle of watching TV, and the people who are visiting should leave as soon as possible.
Old 2008-06-30, 11:54 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Well lived in look comes when there is no dust on items.. But if remotes and food are there, it looks like you were in the middle of watching TV, and the people who are visiting should leave as soon as possible.
Oh, and if there's a pair of pants on the foot stool that says that we were in the middle of doing something else... and if that's the case... the people visiting should REALLY leave asap.. bahahaha...

p.s. that wedding picture on the wall in the tv picture is already taken down!