Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa > Ottawa Area Houses For Sale

Old 2008-10-05, 08:50 AM

Smile Fernhaven on the Park - For Sale

We are now selling with Grapevine! Please check out our new listing at http://www.grapevine.ca/cgi-bin/listing.cgi?id=20625

For those of you looking to buy in Mattamy Fairwinds community...and your interested in a Fernhaven (model home directly beside sales centre), but don't want to wait for 2010 or uncertain occupancy dates...wait no longer! Something has come up for us as a family, and we are now selling our home. We invested in all the structural and design upgrades of the model home (different colour choices though), plus we have added some of our own! Our asking price is $349,900. There is one other Fernhaven for sale on Rosehill asking $339,900, but we feel our price is a fair reflection of the difference between the two homes. If you are interested...please feel free to check out some photos and additional details at http://www.bytheowner.com/101835

Last edited by Fernhaven222; 2008-10-15 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2008-10-05, 10:25 AM

Are you considering selling? We have had some great "free" exposure from bytheowner (they approached us and asked if we wanted free signs and website access - they wanted to get exposure for their business considering how close we are to the sales centre as well). But...we sold a house using Grapevine before, and we had a much quicker success selling using Grapevine. I think more people are familiar with Grapevine that, if they are searching for a house, they automatically check it out, along with MLS. I know we did. So...I would suggest Grapevine over bytheowner. I like the bytheowner account access beter (more to see and do...plus interactive advice), but...it is all about what people know...and they know Grapevine.

Thanks for the feedback on our house...best of luck with yours!
Old 2008-10-05, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernhaven222 View Post
Are you considering selling? We have had some great "free" exposure from bytheowner (they approached us and asked if we wanted free signs and website access - they wanted to get exposure for their business considering how close we are to the sales centre as well). But...we sold a house using Grapevine before, and we had a much quicker success selling using Grapevine. I think more people are familiar with Grapevine that, if they are searching for a house, they automatically check it out, along with MLS. I know we did. So...I would suggest Grapevine over bytheowner. I like the bytheowner account access beter (more to see and do...plus interactive advice), but...it is all about what people know...and they know Grapevine.

Thanks for the feedback on our house...best of luck with yours!
Beautiful home you have there. We've already bought but just thought I'd tell you that I really love the kitchen and it's much like what we're planning to do with our kitchen in terms of colors...

As for bytheowner, I really dislike searching for homes (I'm also a "mls/gv junkie") on their site because it's painfully slow...(as in 5 minutes for each page to load).

Best of luck!