Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2008-12-14, 05:26 PM

Default Summit View Homes

Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum. I just purchased a resale house from summit view homes. It is only 1 1/2 years old. Does anyone know anything about them. I've been watching HGTV and there's so much things that could go wrong with a house, i just want to know if they are very reliable.

thanks
Old 2008-12-20, 10:20 AM
Regular User

Default Summit View

Don't have any info on that builder but you could check on the tarion website and see if anything is there.

homie

Old 2008-12-21, 03:09 PM

Thanks,
I'll check there.
Old 2010-03-01, 12:14 PM

Default summit view homes?

I too am possibly purchasing from summit view homes- weston rd and major mac, a semi-town, can not find any info on them anywhere on the web?, no reviews, ratings....if anyone has feedback or comments on this builder, that would be great.
Old 2010-03-17, 10:42 PM
Regular User

Default info on summit view homes

They were exclusively in charge of the toronto maple leafs and air canada centre office buildings. They orginated by building custom homes also, building high end custom homes for middle and upper class people.
Old 2010-05-06, 01:06 PM

Thumbs down Summit view homes

I purchased a home from Summit View in the Newmarket area. I have had some minor issues with the home which they fixed most of them to date. Their customer services is pretty bad. Always trying to pass the buck when they can. Still waiting for the grading of my backyard to be approved, this is 2 years after house was built, it has been rejected twice already by the city so far.

Good price for the home you get but poor customer service IMO, I would not recommend them to anyone.
Old 2010-11-10, 03:27 PM

Ironman - I find it strange that you said you had some minor issues and they have fixed them to date and yet you say their customer service is bad? How can it be when they fixed the issues and if they were only minor to begin with, how bad a builder could they be?? Also were all of your complaints legit warrantable items as Tarion does not warant alot of defecieinces so the builder doesn't have to fix them.

as for grading, that is the city, not the bilder. They dont' control the outside inspections or finished product. The city does.
Old 2010-12-26, 12:44 AM

Default Do your homework

Do your research before purchasing. I have a home from summitview. You should take a drive to mississauga to see the neighbourhood. In my opinion not worth it. I agree with ironman about there service department. I have had my house for 2 years and there are services that the builder is supposed to complete which they haven't.