Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2008-12-29, 03:46 PM
Regular User

Default Royal Pine Homes

Hey all,

Been a while since we discussed builders. Just curious who has purchased a Royal Pine Home and if you have been satisfied with your home thus far. Share your experiences and any advice you can provide regarding dealing with them onsite, at the decor center, etc.

Anyone else purchase a Royal Pine Home at Major Mack and Weston Road(Southwest side)???
Old 2009-01-05, 07:41 AM
Regular User

I guess for the time being I will be the only one contributing to this thread! lol

Visited this past weekend as we have our street signs up!!

Looks like Transpower have serviced the first stretch of home off of Pine Valley and Davos with electrical cable (orange) and moving their way north upward through the subdivision.

Hoping to see more foundations poured this month, alongside our decor appt!

Crossing my fingers for an on-time closing!
Old 2009-01-05, 04:33 PM
Regular User

Just moved into our new Royal Pine home at Dufferin / Rutherford last week. So far things are good. No major defects, mostly paint and cosmetic. I'd say as a builder they are okay. I've seen more caring and more concerned builders before. That being said, we had an issue with our garage door not going up/down smoothly and someone was by to fix it within 2hrs.
Old 2009-01-09, 08:56 AM
Regular User

That's good to hear! My previous and first home was also a Royal Pine. The quality made us decide to purchase again with Royal Pine as we were very pleased.

We are supposed to have our Decor Appt. this month sometime, which I am anxiously awaiting.

At the Decor Appt., is there any negotiating power or leverage with the prices?
Old 2009-01-09, 11:17 AM
Regular User

Really? You were impressed with the quality? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the finish of the house (paint, drywall, hardwood, stairs, etc.), I've seen better.

No negotiation when we asked.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvansh View Post
Really? You were impressed with the quality? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the finish of the house (paint, drywall, hardwood, stairs, etc.), I've seen better.

No negotiation when we asked.
Wow really? What sort of issues are you referring to? Were you able to visit the home as it was being built?
Old 2009-01-11, 10:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Wow really? What sort of issues are you referring to? Were you able to visit the home as it was being built?
Not really "issues", but there were lots and LOTS of paint touch-ups, my oak stairs were poorly finished, and a couple of other things. Not to say that they're bad, but I don't think they are above average, atleast so far.
Old 2009-01-12, 07:20 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the info pvansh. Was your closing delayed at all? If so, how did that process go?
Old 2009-01-28, 02:46 PM
Regular User

We have moved in to the house 2 month ago at Dufferin/Rutterford. We have hired a professional inspector for our 30 day PDI and there a few issues that were found that the builder doesn’t want to fix as he says that it is up to industry standards, so we are not happy about that. Having problems with staircase, the stain keeps coming off, hardwood floor very bad quality, very easily damaged. Having problems with water heater, still not sure what that is. Overall they quick to respond but the quality is not very good, a lot of rework.
Old 2009-01-28, 03:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Gray View Post
We have moved in to the house 2 month ago at Dufferin/Rutterford. We have hired a professional inspector for our 30 day PDI and there a few issues that were found that the builder doesn’t want to fix as he says that it is up to industry standards, so we are not happy about that. Having problems with staircase, the stain keeps coming off, hardwood floor very bad quality, very easily damaged. Having problems with water heater, still not sure what that is. Overall they quick to respond but the quality is not very good, a lot of rework.
Sorry to hear about your initial experiences. My previous and first home was built by Royal Pine and we found the build quality to be fantastic! I guess it's a hit or miss as it all depends on the quality of materials being used at the time, however, this should not be a factor if the builder would like to uphold a reputation for high quality.

What few issues did you find after your 30 day PDI? How is the stain coming off of the stairs and what's wrong with the flooring and water heater?

Just curious on the details so that I can look out for these as well.