Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2009-05-10, 09:46 PM
Regular User

Default Your thoughts on these A/C prices

Just got these quotes, we are looking for a 2 tonner 13 or 14 seer but we can't make up our mind if the extra seer is worth the money?

Also....does a 13 seer qualify for home reno tax credit?

Cheers

13 Seer:
I have Payne (From Carrier line) with R410-A refrigerant, 10 years warranty for parts & compressor, 1 year labour, free programmable digital thermostat and free humidifier(Installation extra). Installed $1999 + %5GST

I have Ameristar (From American Standard line) with R22 refrigerant, 5 years warranty for parts & compressor, 1 year labour, free programmable digital thermostat and free humidifier(Installation extra). Installed $1799 + %5GST

14 Seer:
I have Armstrong with R410-A refrigerant, 10 years warranty for parts & compressor, 1 year labour, free programmable digital thermostat and free humidifier(Installation extra). Installed $2349 + %5GST

I have KeepRite with R410-A refrigerant, 10 years warranty for parts & compressor, 1 year labour, free programmable digital thermostat and free humidifier(Installation extra). Installed $2249 + %5GST
Old 2009-05-10, 10:12 PM
Regular User

I would go with the 14seer units u have listed. Its to bad there is practically no labour warranty, with A/C much of the repairs are labour intensive.

All of those prices are wicked rock bottom prices and expected for those brands listed. The question is at those prices do they have a service department that stands behind the equipment?
Old 2009-05-23, 02:35 PM
Regular User

Default Question

Hello,

Can you send me the name where you got these prices, I would be very interested in installing a unit at these prices with the humidifier included.

THanks greatly