Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-03-30, 09:47 AM

Smile Two Monkeys Coffee and Tea house

So one of the businesses in that new strip mall is a privately owned coffee/tea shop. Thier goal is to be a premium Coffee and Tea house, but be KID friendly at the same time. There is a nice almost cafe idea in the front of the shop and at the back there is a kids play area complete with couches for parents/guardians to enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee while the kids draw pictures, play with toys, or watch the dvd. It also features home made soup, made fresh daily made by the mom of an owner. They are slowly building thier menu, but so far everything I have tried has been very very good.
Old 2010-03-13, 09:28 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know what will be built in the parking lot besides Tim Horton's and Wendy's on Strandherd ? A decent area has been excavated.

Also, I saw the sign (on Strandherd close to the McD's) saying Bed, Bath, and Beyond is coming. Any idea where it will be?
Old 2010-03-13, 09:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Does anyone know what will be built in the parking lot besides Tim Horton's and Wendy's on Strandherd ? A decent area has been excavated.

Also, I saw the sign (on Strandherd close to the McD's) saying Bed, Bath, and Beyond is coming. Any idea where it will be?
I work at the Orthodontist office across from Tim's. The excavated area is for the transit route. The buses will be going UNDER Strandherd and be back to ground level by the time they hit the road in front of Loblaws. No great stores to be happy about.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
at the west end of the plaza with Independent/Rogers
http://www.centrecorp.net/properties...haven/site.pdf

not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's Mattamy's proposal for HMB South

http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__7XWO9P

Last edited by waterloowarrior; 2010-03-18 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2010-03-19, 09:43 AM
Regular User

There's a "Greenbank Road" AND a "Future Greenbank Road"??
Old 2010-03-19, 09:52 AM
Regular User

Yes, they have to relocate it. If you drive over the existing Greenbank south of the Jock River you'll realize there is no way that tiny road can handle the future traffic.

The city website has planning information about where the new one will be located but I think the best plan I've seen (for ease of use) is on the Mattamy website for Half Moon Bay.
House Blog: http://myhouseorsomethinglikeit.wordpress.com
Old 2010-03-19, 10:06 AM
Regular User

There's going to be three schools there, am I seeing the colours right? Seems like a lot... but the area is growing.
Old 2010-03-19, 05:03 PM
Regular User

Here is a site map that is on mattamys webpage, it gives you an idea as to what is actually going to happen over the next while. When we signed a few weeks ago we were told that the commercial space would start to exist within a year. Hope this helps.
http://www.mattamyhomes.com/Ottawa/C...s/SiteMap1.pdf
Old 2012-09-23, 07:43 PM
Regular User

A big sign just went up on Greenbank near Jockvale advertising CitiGate New Retail Campus, anyone knows what businesses will be located here?

This is close to the CIBC branch/Gym Tale area, across from Loblaws.
Old 2012-09-24, 03:15 PM
Regular User

Wow, Barrhaven town center is quickly becoming the busiest retail area in Ottawa