Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Financing, Mortgages and Insurance

Financing, Mortgages and Insurance What options are best for you and your situation?

Old 2014-02-28, 08:11 AM
Regular User

Default Curious about the quality of the financial advice your bank gives you?

Watch this tonight:

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/

Do I sound like I'm making a public service announcement?

I heard an interview with the host on the radio this morning about tonight's episode and it made me really want to watch it so I thought you may be interested as well. I had a similar experience recently with one of the big 5 banks where I have investments. I wanted to make changes to my portfolio and was considering moving some of my money around. I was shocked by the nonchalance the so-called financial advisor showed me with respect to his advice. Not only did he appear to have little knowledge but he didn't care. I told him I needed to think it over. Truth is, I did because he was no help and I was not about to follow his advice.

I am not a fool and I know the banks will try to push for certain products but I do expect the person I'm dealing with to put me first i.e. what are my circumstances, needs, goals, and do what's in MY best interest AND to have knowledge of what they're selling. Happy watching!