Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-12-24, 03:33 AM
Regular User

No new signs of Mali and my Oranges signs have been a complete failure. The one site I went to for advice insisted that bristol board would survive the elements. I guess they didn't consider constant rain and wind.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:28 PM
Regular User

I did see your signs on Walkers Line, so they were not all lost I also noticed that the fence has been placed back on that house on Munson (backing onto parking lot) I will keep an eye out on our daily walks as I have been, good luck
Old 2013-01-24, 03:30 AM
Regular User

Cat still missing. There was a sighting recently near Sharp and Thomas Alton, so if anyone knows if anyone in that area owns an orange cat then I won't gt my hopes up too much.
Old 2013-01-24, 08:31 PM
Regular User

Sue, i imagine you must be discouraged....but let me tell you a story from my childhood that may give you hope. I lived on a 250 acre wooded lot deep in the country....lots of wolves and other menacing critters. Anyhow, my dad tossed our family cat outside one day as it had sprayed on his bed (lol), but unfortunately, it never came back. We went through one helluva winter (thunder bay weather....-40) and then a spring and summer and fall.....and what do you know.....next winter my sister and i are playing in the snow and the darn cat comes running up to us!!! So we got him back and nuetered him and he lived to be old and fat. lol Dont give up hope!!
Old 2013-01-25, 01:44 AM
Regular User

That story really does help. I love hearing stuff like that. It puts a big smile on my face
Old 2013-01-25, 08:36 AM
Regular User

I'm at valera and thomas alton and I have seen cat paw prints in the snow each morning. (not the same ones). When we got our last dumping of snow the paw prints went from the new commercial building off of TA to the sidewalk in front of my home up my driveway across my neighbours and then from one door to another, however never saw the cat. this has been a repetitive pattern, just recently I noticed paw prints in front of my basement windows, I think I may have a "peeping tom" cat.
Old 2013-01-25, 08:52 AM
Regular User

"Peeping tom" lol Interesting. I almost want to ask if I can put a humane trap there with food to catch whoever it is... of course if he is a neighbour cat someone might get worried temporarily, but there is my and a couple other cats in the neighbourhood that are missing.

I'll be sure to move my kitty steakout to that area first to see if I can see who the little guy is.

Is it on the north side or south side?
Old 2013-01-25, 09:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_N View Post
"Peeping tom" lol Interesting. I almost want to ask if I can put a humane trap there with food to catch whoever it is... of course if he is a neighbour cat someone might get worried temporarily, but there is my and a couple other cats in the neighbourhood that are missing.

I'll be sure to move my kitty steakout to that area first to see if I can see who the little guy is.

Is it on the north side or south side?
As much as I would love to help I have very young children and catching a skunk, coon or some other nocturnal creature is not how I would prefer to start my day off before work.

To answer your question the cat tracks go from the blocked of street directly north of Valera (future road for commercial and condo), come up the side walk and roam the porches from there and head west towards columbus. It is always early in the morning, I was out at 5 shoveling and the tracks.
Old 2013-01-25, 01:30 PM
Regular User

No problem. thanks for getting back to me. I wouldn't really want to put one out unless I had a visual anyhow and understand your concern.