Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-09-18, 11:40 PM
Regular User

Our closing date is April 09, '09 and Paula said our cutoff was September 22nd. I seem to be getting really sh!ty information from my designer and that's annoying me!

I really wanted to copy the picture that elender (sp?) posted in the other thread of the old model home. I'm concerned that I'll lose space for our breakfast table though. We've already removed the pillar but I'm unsure about EVERYTHING else!
Old 2008-09-19, 08:48 AM
Regular User

Ill have to go back and take a look at the pictures to see what you mean.
I was confused about the closing but that makes tones of sense, I am at the final design stage...just wait till you get here! I was so excited and now everything I wanted is turning out to be way more than we thought. Its more stress than I was expecting.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:52 AM
Regular User

oh yes, I see. I have so many pictures saved from different sites to try to figure out what I can do. I guess it would depend on how big your family/table is. I think a big formal table probably wouldnt work. I think we will be putting ours in the great room by the window so that we dont block the kitchen door.
Old 2008-09-19, 08:34 PM
Regular User

We're planning on having a formal table by the window in the great room as well but really wanted an "everyday" dining/breakfast table in that area by the patio doors in the kitchen. I really love the way expanding the cabinets and increasing the size of the island opens up the kitchen (so to speak) but I get so confused speaking to the design center and I'm scared that what I envision is not what I'll end up with because of miscommunication.
Old 2008-09-20, 08:46 AM
Regular User

bring pictures. I have been printing out pictures of kitchens I like or send it in an email to my designer to try to make it easier. even ones i dont like i print out to make clear what i dont want.
Old 2008-11-07, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Default Calling all Avalon Dwellers

Bumping this thread and hoping to hear from other people currently building or recently moved to the Avalon area. So far, I only know of Goldenbrook and Sharms (other than myself). Where's everybody else?? Would be great to chat with future neighbours!

Still waiting to find out what time happy hour is, although I'm guessing it will take place at the Barley Mow?!
Old 2008-12-02, 01:17 PM
Regular User

no one else yet...but good news, my door is now painted and I have a back porch I didnt get to peek in the windows as I went down today when everyone was working, but I am hoping some of the good stuff is in next week for my trim check!!! yay I'm almost there

Sharms still nothing to report. They are moving quick on that side of the street so maybe you are next. I would call and ask about the progress. I have been sending emails every week & my sales rep (awsome person) has driven down to check on the house for me!
Old 2008-12-02, 04:30 PM
Regular User

Smile

Me too! Me too! We are moving in May 09. So far they are still working on the framing - the roof is almost closed in...
I'm an addict and drive by all the time to see the progress!

We have our final design appt on Dec 21, so I'm trying to make up my mind on everything before then!
Old 2008-12-02, 08:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenbrook View Post
no one else yet...but good news, my door is now painted and I have a back porch
LOL, they must have done it today or yesterday since I drove by on the week-end and I think your unit was the only one without the blue.

Good luck with the PDI and please let us know how it goes - I'll be very interested in hearing the deets!
Old 2008-12-02, 08:47 PM
Regular User

isnt it a strange blue? I would never have thought thats what we were getting, but I don't really mind it. Didnt get close enough to say i actually like it, but at least I know I dont have to repaint right away. I guess my shutters are going to be the same colour. If you go by again before next monday peek in through the window, I am wondering if they have put anything good in yet!