Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-09-03, 11:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelM. View Post
Now we are focusing on getting hard wood for the upstairs. The research begins again.
Let me know if you need any help

Regarding WhatAPane I would personally not recommend them. My mother had inserts installed by WAP and to this day they rattle like crazy when you close the doors (metal inside hits the glass)! She called them to complain and they said there is nothing wrong with it and did not fix it Whenever we are there visiting, each time we close the doors they rattle so beware!

We got ours from www.mddoors.com and they have been perfect since day one and amazing quality but you pay more.

Hope this helps,
Old 2012-09-04, 11:06 AM
Regular User

I used thesse people

They manufacture their glass inserts, they do custom designs..

www.worldiron.com
Old 2012-09-04, 03:35 PM
Regular User

Is the insert "van" that parks on Thomas Alton, near the stop sign, on weekends, a shady character? Never stopped, but wonder what's with that operation.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:25 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonqs View Post
Is the insert "van" that parks on Thomas Alton, near the stop sign, on weekends, a shady character? Never stopped, but wonder what's with that operation.
I have previously used them ... company called Framon .. they were very good and did a great job on my previous door ....

http://www.framon.ca/

They used to have a store front on Walkers just past Dundas in those three storey towns with the store front on the lower level block ... but i've noticed their signage gone ....
Old 2013-03-08, 01:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbyderrick View Post
The Door Centre @ 4280 Harvester Rd, Burlington - We have a great showroom with over 50 Pieces of the most up-to-date glass on display. Custom sidelites and Transoms are no problem. We are a family run business with over 30 years of experience.

Please talk to Derrick
Derrick did our home on Sorrento with a door insert, 2 side lights and our staircase window!!!! Top notch and a super nice guy!!! Highly recommend, great quality and workmanship
Old 2013-03-11, 03:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbyderrick View Post
The Door Centre @ 4280 Harvester Rd, Burlington - We have a great showroom with over 50 Pieces of the most up-to-date glass on display. Custom sidelites and Transoms are no problem. We are a family run business with over 30 years of experience.

Please talk to Derrick
We used The Door Centre as well for our old townhome south of the Orchard. Excellent job and fit, and helped the light situation in our front hall quite a bit.
Old 2018-12-02, 12:40 PM
Regular User

Default door insers

i am looking for a company located in Ottawa to replace door inserts
any recommendations