Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2013-09-27, 04:28 PM
Regular User

Default Kleinburg impressions POTLIGHT group buy

Hi everyone,

It seems like people think that Potlights have to be done by the builder because of the electrical. This is completely FALSE, potlights are easy and no mess to put in after the fact and it can take less than a few hours and it will cost less than $100 a pot light.

I am going to start a GROUP buy, my house isn't ready until August 2014, so hope people can wait that long. I will get quotes from 2-3 different companies and see which one is the best. If we can get everyone together we can probably get a great rate. PM me or post in this thread

This is not urgent as most people don't take possession until sometime in 2014. Please PM me

Your name:
Contact information:
Tentative date of possession:
How many potlights:
- internal main floor:
- internal top floor:
- external:

Also if you have some you want in weird or different places i.e. in Art niche's etc.

I am going to get a quote for the better quality LED potlights (they last longer and consume less energy)

Just to give you guys an idea on prices. In 2010 I had potlights installed in my home on the main floor all at a cost of $75/pot light (from memory), all of them were placed on Dimmer switches.

Last edited by Chigu; 2013-09-27 at 05:03 PM.
Old 2013-09-27, 05:07 PM
Regular User

I shortlisted these two companies for myself after reading their reviews and getting references here:

Fusion Electric - 647-990-1335

Mr Potlight - 905-508-4411

Did you or your contractor get an electrical permit when you got your potlights done?

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560
Old 2013-09-27, 05:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky View Post
I shortlisted these two companies for myself after reading their reviews and getting references here:

Fusion Electric - 647-990-1335

Mr Potlight - 905-508-4411

Did you or your contractor get an electrical permit when you got your potlights done?
Thanks for the links. I don't remember if there was an electrical permit or not. Probably not as I didn't 100% decide where they were all gong to go until they got there.
Old 2013-09-27, 05:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigu View Post
Hi everyone,

It seems like people think that Potlights have to be done by the builder because of the electrical. This is completely FALSE, potlights are easy and no mess to put in after the fact and it can take less than a few hours and it will cost less than $100 a pot light.

I am going to start a GROUP buy, my house isn't ready until August 2014, so hope people can wait that long. I will get quotes from 2-3 different companies and see which one is the best. If we can get everyone together we can probably get a great rate. PM me or post in this thread

This is not urgent as most people don't take possession until sometime in 2014. Please PM me

Your name:
Contact information:
How many potlights:
- internal main floor:
- internal top floor:
- external:

Also if you have some you want in weird or different places i.e. in Art niche's etc.

I am going to get a quote for the better quality LED potlights (they last longer and consume less energy)

Just to give you guys an idea on prices. In 2010 I had potlights installed in my home on the main floor all at a cost of $75/pot light (from memory), all of them were placed on Dimmer switches.

Thanks! i heard you cant dim LED pot lights, may want to look into that
Old 2013-09-27, 05:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Yes you can. My brother in law has LED pot lights all on dimmers.
Old 2013-09-27, 06:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
We have both, the ones that are dimmable ant others that are not

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560
Old 2013-09-27, 06:11 PM
Regular User

PM sent thanks for setting this up Chigu
Old 2014-03-26, 08:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigu View Post
Hi everyone,

Your name:
Contact information:
How many potlights:
- internal main floor:
- internal top floor:
- external:

Hey. It's been a while since you started this thread. just wondering how it turned out? Did you manage to get the lights installed?
Old 2014-03-28, 03:52 PM

Hey Chigu,

We will also be interested in the potlight group buy.

Let me know if you have any new information.

We recently purchased lot 41B on Pelee Ave and will be closing around Christmas (hopefully)
Old 2014-04-02, 09:24 AM
Regular User

where does one typically install these pot lights in home?