Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Basement Finishing and Renovations

Basement Finishing and Renovations Has it been 2 years already? Time to work on finishing the basement into some extra living space.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 2009-12-31, 12:04 PM
patrob patrob is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielboy View Post
We had an entertainment unit built by a company called Expressions in Wood and we used that dark decorative wire mesh in some of the cabinet doors. I called the company and told me that their supplier was Richelieu.

http://www.richelieu.com/index.php

You have to look under "Veneers, Decorative Panels and Tambour" to find the section with the mesh. Our mesh was #88316BB and the company told us it costs around $650 plus taxes for a 3' x 4' sheet.

Here is another company that sells the sheets out a USA. Their price is a bit cheaper but then you have to pay for shipping.

http://www.twpinc.com/twp/jsp/product.jsp?type=21

Joe
Thanks for the tip on the wire mesh. We actually researched for a long time where to get it & Richelieu did not have the colour we were looking for plus their prices were much more $. We ended up buying it from TWP & shipping was free Looks like they also raised their prices a bit, we paid $146 US for each sheet http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control..._AntBronzePlt#
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 2010-01-02, 09:55 AM
lbernard lbernard is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barrhaven
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark & Lynda View Post
Thanks.

I bought the center tower from Home Depot for $59.00. It includes the tower and 3 rods.

I lowered the rod on the left and added a shelf above the longer coats with material I had at home and will be adding another shoe shelf on the bottom right and bottom left below the coats.

I usually design and build my own closet organizers and buy 4x8 sheets of melamine material that I cut to size for the uprights and shelves. Works out a lot cheaper than buying a closet organizer in a box. But this is such a small closet and for $59 I got it done in a weekend. for the master bedroom walk-in I'll be building my own.

here's the one I used.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

Great Thanks! I think I'll try that one, we have 2 small closet, one at each door, front and back.

Also, you mentioned your master walk in, I had "Simply Organized" on Merivale come give me a quote for my master and it came out between 6000-9000, depending on some of my choises!!!!! I was blown away!

Anyone know of other options that would be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper????
__________________
Mattamy Half Moon Bay
"The Southfield"
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 2010-01-02, 11:21 AM
nielboy nielboy is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ancaster, Ontario
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Perhaps I can answer that too DB helps with the design of the kitchen by using a prof. kitchen designer (in our case) & you can choose from their list of recommended kitchen installers or hire your own.
Thanks Patrob.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 2010-01-02, 11:49 AM
Mark & Lynda Mark & Lynda is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Stouffville
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbernard View Post
Also, you mentioned your master walk in, I had "Simply Organized" on Merivale come give me a quote for my master and it came out between 6000-9000, depending on some of my choises!!!!! I was blown away!

Anyone know of other options that would be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper????
WOW! That's some closet.

Like I said, I built my own out of 4x8 sheets of melamine ripped to size for the uprights and shelving. It probably cost me between $100-200 to do the whole walk-in in my last home. I'm planning on installing drawers this time around which will increase the cost a little. I bought the closet organizer drawers from HD that just require assembly.

Another option is to buy the melamine sheets with the pre-drilled holes for shelf placement and use those for your uprights. No cutting required.

You can use this site to design your closet to the dimensions you want.

http://www.easyclosets.com/ClosetDesign.aspx
__________________
Mark

Last edited by Mark & Lynda; 2010-01-02 at 11:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 2010-04-22, 04:25 PM
secretgarden secretgarden is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vaughan/ON
Posts: 91
Default

I just located this post, and Patrob your dinning room rocks! It's so classy yet doesn't scream "designer". I really like the wall panels and wall color. May I ask what paint color you used for the call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Little update to this thread

After weeks of very hard work, we have finally installed our hardwood floors on the main floor, ceiling/wall paneling,
added backband/headers, 8" baseboards & painted most of the rooms

Here are some pics:
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 2010-04-22, 08:28 PM
patrob patrob is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretgarden View Post
I just located this post, and Patrob your dinning room rocks! It's so classy yet doesn't scream "designer". I really like the wall panels and wall color. May I ask what paint color you used for the call?
Thank you

The wall colour is Benjamin Moore - Revere Pewter HC-172
It will go very nice with your Pewter stained stairs & floors

Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 2010-04-22, 09:30 PM
secretgarden secretgarden is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vaughan/ON
Posts: 91
Default

Thanks Patrob! You not only have a great taste but also excellent memory! :-)

We didn't end up replacing the hardwood floor for the entire house yet...there are so many things to do/buy before we can get to it. So far we've only had our upper hall put in the same Vintage Red Oak Pewter to match our staircase. We thought we got a great bargain by going to a Chinese company but the experience turned out to be a nightmare. They wouldn't only do our upper hall because it was way too small a project for them, so we were talked into doing another room downstairs in red oak espresso. I guess we got what we paid for. So lesson learnt is that when we are ready to do all the bedrooms and other rooms on the ground floor, we should check out the Home Stars and look for a company with ratings like yours! :-)

I have a home reno/decor blog so please feel free to drop by at michellelalala.blogspot.com. I love your decorating sense so it'd be nice to exchange some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Thank you

The wall colour is Benjamin Moore - Revere Pewter HC-172
It will go very nice with your Pewter stained stairs & floors

__________________


Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 2010-04-23, 09:23 AM
patrob patrob is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretgarden View Post
Thanks Patrob! You not only have a great taste but also excellent memory! :-)

We didn't end up replacing the hardwood floor for the entire house yet...there are so many things to do/buy before we can get to it. So far we've only had our upper hall put in the same Vintage Red Oak Pewter to match our staircase. We thought we got a great bargain by going to a Chinese company but the experience turned out to be a nightmare. They wouldn't only do our upper hall because it was way too small a project for them, so we were talked into doing another room downstairs in red oak espresso. I guess we got what we paid for. So lesson learnt is that when we are ready to do all the bedrooms and other rooms on the ground floor, we should check out the Home Stars and look for a company with ratings like yours! :-)

I have a home reno/decor blog so please feel free to drop by at michellelalala.blogspot.com. I love your decorating sense so it'd be nice to exchange some ideas.
When it comes to floors, I remember my colours

Sorry to hear about your bad experience....I will not comment about those places because it's not the first time I hear about this.
If I can be of any help in the future, just let me know

I will def. check out your blog. I am still trying to finish my own house & with 3 kids, I almost find no time to do that
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 2010-04-24, 11:25 PM
Youngcl's Avatar
Youngcl Youngcl is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burlington
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Thank you

The wall colour is Benjamin Moore - Revere Pewter HC-172
It will go very nice with your Pewter stained stairs & floors

We love that colour, just painted our entire family room, open to above and 2nd floor hall with it!
__________________
Fernbrook- Stonevalley B
Closing Septmeber 21st, 2009
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 2010-04-25, 01:48 PM
patrob patrob is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngcl View Post
We love that colour, just painted our entire family room, open to above and 2nd floor hall with it!
Good choice Post some pics
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 47th Annual Steam- Era show in Milton - Labour Day Long Weekend catacami Milton 0 2007-07-18 09:08 PM
Any car guys bringing there projects home? Gregor Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 21 2006-12-21 12:31 PM
Home Show Advice KJP Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 8 2006-10-06 06:25 PM
Fall Home Show vs International Home Show pauline Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance 5 2006-09-27 11:47 AM
Home Show.... klmrobinson Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 10 2006-04-12 11:08 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.