Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-04-20, 09:07 PM
Regular User

I would love to see your home RobnLori!!! It sounds like you have a great home!
Old 2011-05-02, 12:04 AM
Regular User

Default Just Bought the Mahogany w/ Loft Elevation B

After a couple cold nights waiting in line for the new release in Stonebridge...I finally got my Mahogany with Loft. FYI...Monarch raised their prices by another 15K in this release and they plan to keep increasing their prices from what Monarch has been saying.

I knew there was going to be a price increase but never imagined it to be by 15K. I thought it would be more around by 10K.

Anyways, can't wait for my house to be built! Closing date is Feb 16th...its going to be a cold cold moving date!!!

Gotta start working on some structural changes. Any ideas? Suggestions for Mahogany w/ Loft owners?

How much did you spend on your kitchen? Anyone do granite? Quartz? How Much?

There's another Mahogany w/ Loft right beside me!

Apparently, this is a really popular model as the people in line were all talking about buying the Mahogany w/ Loft but there was only 3 lots out of 6 lots to build it on for this release without having to go on the premium golf course lots which start at 90K!
Old 2011-05-02, 10:48 AM
Regular User

One suggestion, if I build the Mahogany again, I will ask Monarch to build the wall in between the dinning room and the kitchen to 9'. By doing it, you can buy a better range hood with at least 30" in between the stove to your range hood. With only 8', your choices are so limited and the fan is not powerful enough.

Changed the office into a laundry/mudroom sound like a good plan. The Mahogany w/ Loft have 5 rooms, convert one of the room to mudroom is a good idea.

I also suggest you spend more on the structural changes, the hardwood floor and counter top are the easy upgrade after closing. And you can save at least 30% if you do the hardwood floor after closing.