Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2014-01-22, 03:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erexa View Post
So is everybody now washed their hands? No changes are happening? Does the area remain Woodbridge?
After reading the below, it does seem that they are open to discussion with the municipality of Vaughan, and able us to use Kleinburg as our mailing address but they need to create a new postal code, that is Kleinburg.

I don't think anyone has washed their hands of the situation, I believe January 28, 2014 is when the resolution to formally contact Canada Post through Julian Fantino's office is to be presented/passed.

"It is our intention to shortly be in touch with the Municipality of Vaughan to discuss options that could permit you and your neighbours to be able to use Kleinburg as part of your mailing address. Serving yourself and other new residents from the Kleinburg Post Office is not a viable option as we do not have the space required to house this, and subsequent, growth. That being said, I believe that we may be able to explore options that would allow the use of Kleinburg in your mailing address."
Old 2014-01-22, 05:51 PM
Regular User

I think we need to forward that response to the city of vaughan because it is quite clear to me that they do not want to do anything about it even though a mistake has been made. Additionally the fact that they are not addressing the issue which is unacceptable nervermind about the mistake.
Old 2014-01-22, 07:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigu View Post
After reading the below, it does seem that they are open to discussion with the municipality of Vaughan, and able us to use Kleinburg as our mailing address but they need to create a new postal code, that is Kleinburg.

I don't think anyone has washed their hands of the situation, I believe January 28, 2014 is when the resolution to formally contact Canada Post through Julian Fantino's office is to be presented/passed.

"It is our intention to shortly be in touch with the Municipality of Vaughan to discuss options that could permit you and your neighbours to be able to use Kleinburg as part of your mailing address. Serving yourself and other new residents from the Kleinburg Post Office is not a viable option as we do not have the space required to house this, and subsequent, growth. That being said, I believe that we may be able to explore options that would allow the use of Kleinburg in your mailing address."
I agree. My impression is they might create a new postal code for kleinburg that uses the name kleinburg but routes through the Woodbridge post office. This would be an acceptable solution for me and was really what I was hoping for. It was unlikely to impossible we'd be able to keep the rural l0j postal code.

I don't really care who delivers my mail I just want it delivered to kleinburg and not Woodbridge.
Old 2014-01-22, 07:43 PM
Regular User

Off topic...I was hoping someone could help me out with this. After moving in, do the Ethernet (cat5e), tv and phone wires come finished with the appropriate face plates and 'heads' or do we have to do this ourselves. The alarm company said that they install just te wires but not the finishings. Is this true? Should we pay the additional charge to have them do it or is it fairly simple for either bell or Rogers to do after? Or can we do this ourselves?
Old 2014-01-22, 07:47 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandnsun View Post
Off topic...I was hoping someone could help me out with this. After moving in, do the Ethernet (cat5e), tv and phone wires come finished with the appropriate face plates and 'heads' or do we have to do this ourselves. The alarm company said that they install just te wires but not the finishings. Is this true? Should we pay the additional charge to have them do it or is it fairly simple for either bell or Rogers to do after?
Assuming it's the same as when we bought new, which is probably a safe bet, there were no faceplates. We covered the phone one ourselves with blank plates because we didn't buy a home phone but I'm sure bell would do this. Rogers did our tv ones.
Old 2014-01-22, 08:01 PM
Regular User

Did they have the ends on them, or are they just the wires? Anyone that has moved in already know what it looks like? The alarm company told us that it's just the bare wires and for a price $$$ they'll put the ends and faceplates on. I just don't want to waste anymore money with them if we don't have to.
Old 2014-01-22, 08:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Did they have the ends on them, or are they just the wires? Anyone that has moved in already know what it looks like? The alarm company told us that it's just the bare wires and for a price $$$ they'll put the ends and faceplates on. I just don't want to waste anymore money with them if we don't have to.
Just the wires.

It's really easy to do yourself, or you can have bell do it if you order a home phone.
Old 2014-01-22, 08:07 PM
Regular User

Does the cable for the tv come like that too? Would bell or Rogers do all of them in the house?? Thanks for your responses btw.
Old 2014-01-22, 08:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Does the cable for the tv come like that too? Would bell or Rogers do all of them in the house?? Thanks for your responses btw.
The cable is the same and Rogers will definitely hook it up for you if you order cable.
Old 2014-01-22, 10:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erindanny View Post
You can walk around the property now people are already living there. I suggest maybe we make flyers and hand them out to the people already living there to let hem know what we want to do
We are aware of what is going on. I have asked my neighbours to join the petition. They are on board.