Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2013-10-03, 06:50 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice2Know View Post
I will address point for point here and nothing to hide in a PM

Good to know. I have not refused the developer access and as I previously stated I am working to resolve this is a positive fashion for all. Do I have to post my emails to prove? Feel free to knock on my door and I will show you and that goes for anyone here.
No need to prove / explain anything to anyone of course. Its just that the stories don't reconcile ... well to me anyway.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2know View Post
No need to prove / explain anything to anyone of course. Its just that the stories don't reconcile ... well to me anyway.
Just to clear up as to who is who. I do not need any work on my property with exception of raising the far south/east corner by fraction of a foot.

Nope they dont jive at all and I asked nicely for honesty and it would appear that is in short supply.

bcpl .. not being vague .. see Greg's reply.
Old 2013-11-05, 10:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpl View Post
Okay, seems like Suzie wants it done, the builder wants it done and the city wants it done.

Do you want it done?
Is there someone else that is holding this up?

What is the deal here? Why are you being vague?

If everyone wants this work to be done, why would you say that it is not moving forward?
Still wanting the work to be done..lol..and yet..it still has NOT

Not everyone has common sense ..I guess.

Crazy as it is only a days work and the developpers landscaper is on standby..still waiting on the green light to get it done.

and yes the neighbor is still holding things up..

An attempt was made by him to try to deflect the City's need to correct his grading..called the City to file a complaint about my property ..another one of many he has filed..(neighbor does not like my french drain that we installed on OUR property to temporarly deal with the water tresspass issue from HIS property and to prevent further ongoing damage to our property)
Needless to say City inspector came out yesterday and was not happy with the frivalous complaint..even said it was a non issue...waste of his time..
and yes..his grading REQUIRES to be corrected.

Here's to hoping that the City will move forward and get the work done..
..This year..would be nice

Tamarack, Jackson Trails
Old 2013-11-05, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezieq4u View Post
Still wanting the work to be done..lol..and yet..it still has NOT

Not everyone has common sense ..I guess.

Crazy as it is only a days work and the developpers landscaper is on standby..still waiting on the green light to get it done.

and yes the neighbor is still holding things up..

An attempt was made by him to try to deflect the City's need to correct his grading..called the City to file a complaint about my property ..another one of many he has filed..(neighbor does not like my french drain that we installed on OUR property to temporarly deal with the water tresspass issue from HIS property and to prevent further ongoing damage to our property)
Needless to say City inspector came out yesterday and was not happy with the frivalous complaint..even said it was a non issue...waste of his time..
and yes..his grading REQUIRES to be corrected.

Here's to hoping that the City will move forward and get the work done..
..This year..would be nice
Wow, what a disaster. Sorry you're going through all this...
Old 2013-11-05, 01:32 PM
Regular User

IMHO if you and city rep are satisfied with your French drain, I'd declare the matter closed. Should any one ask your have no further interest in the issue.

If the city insists this now known problem MUST be corrected, that's not on you.

If the 1 or 2 neighbours have some motive to aggravate you, that reason is now gone - you are satisfied with the as is.

If the neighbours want to fight with the city about your informally approved French drain let 'em.

Last edited by good2know; 2013-11-05 at 04:42 PM.