Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2015-04-24, 10:26 AM
Regular User

Oh yeah. They pushed the brick column into the house. I noticed something was different there but hadn't realised the brick column had become a part of the house in the process. Oh well...at least we got to see one of the original ones.
Old 2015-05-05, 12:25 PM
Regular User

What paint colour did you select for your house? We're struggling to decided between the two grey ones and I'm curious what others have picked.
Old 2015-05-05, 12:36 PM
Regular User

Try matching them with your tile, hardwood, and cabinetry colour selections, you'll find that one of them always seems to work better whereas the other one doesn't work. The darker of the two is what you see in the Kenson, the lighter is in the Winfield.
Old 2015-05-05, 12:38 PM
Regular User

Yeah, they both work really. Leonhard was encouraging us to go for the Kenson colour but I worry it's going to be too dark on all the walls. But I worry the Winfield colour is too light.
Old 2015-05-05, 12:52 PM
Regular User

I think he is encouraging everyone to go for the darker one by what it seems!

We went for the darker one too...but only because when we tried the lighter one with our hardwood it was pretty terrible.

I think it depends on the look you're going for. I believe from earlier conversations you were going for a more transitional feel so it depends...the lighter one will further accentuate the more traditional bits, the darker one will make it more contemporary. Remember that what you pick is what will stay in the bedrooms because there is almost no built in cabinetry (empty slate pretty much), as opposed to the kitchens/living/dining areas where you have the architecture creating a mood as well as the cabinets.
Old 2015-05-05, 01:26 PM
Regular User

We went for the darker grey that is found in the Kenson. Actually we just said "give us all the paint colors in the Kenson" so we didn't have to make any paint decisions I personally found the color on the Winfield a little too light, but I like a more contemporary feel. The lighter color did give the Winfield a very clean and bright look.

Are you planning on getting any accent colors done or are you just going with the one base color for now?
Old 2015-05-05, 02:16 PM
Regular User

We went for the one from Winfield. As TheyMightBeHouseHippos said it gives you bright and clean look.
Old 2015-05-06, 02:48 PM
Regular User

sestafanos you're right, the lighter colour might come off more traditional with our transitional look. I do like how clean and bright it makes everything though.

TheyMightBeHouseHippos we do plan on doing some accent colours. The wall next to fireplace for sure, perhaps some other areas. We are also looking into having them paint some bedrooms and bathrooms different colours. I don't really see the grey working for my young girls bedrooms and I'd rather not have to deal with that upon possession. We have not requested pricing on that yet. Did anyone get pricing on painting rooms another colour?
Old 2015-05-10, 08:47 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyMightBeHouseHippos View Post
Yup, we are to the left. I'm hoping they start the house to the left of us soon so that all the homes surrounding us will be complete in the not too distant future.

I didn't know they changed the Alternate Kenson...what were the changes they made?
Hi

We're the new foundation next to you . Our house won't be ready until December though. We are now heavy into all our interior selections. Decisions, decisions! Did anyone go with suspended cabinets in the bathrooms instead of increasing height to 34"? We're still waiting to hear from Deslauriers about that one and a few kitchen design elements. We're keeping things pretty modern looking.
Old 2015-05-10, 10:01 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesweethomeX3 View Post
Hi

We're the new foundation next to you . Our house won't be ready until December though. We are now heavy into all our interior selections. Decisions, decisions! Did anyone go with suspended cabinets in the bathrooms instead of increasing height to 34"? We're still waiting to hear from Deslauriers about that one and a few kitchen design elements. We're keeping things pretty modern looking.
If you have the option for suspended cabinets, I highly recommend them. Especially if you're going for the modern look. In my opinion, they look great and really capture the modern style.