Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-06-05, 03:01 PM
Regular User

Won't be long now! Getting stoked..

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempo.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	14005
Old 2017-06-05, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Wow you must be so excited! Almost there! Seeing these prices made me contemplate moving to Kemptville!

Did it two years to have your house build? I notice the thread started 2 years ago.
Old 2017-06-05, 04:32 PM
Regular User

It didn't take 2 years to build. They only started construction in the fall of last year.. But I put my deposit down in Sep of 2015. There's been some delays but I'd rather them take their time getting things done properly. The price was right and I couldn't pass it up especially with all the incentives being offered. If you work in Kanata, which I do, the drive will be a breeze. Not to mention less congestion. Kemptville is also a growing community but not as congested as Kanata or Barrhaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemy1415 View Post
Wow you must be so excited! Almost there! Seeing these prices made me contemplate moving to Kemptville!

Did it two years to have your house build? I notice the thread started 2 years ago.
Old 2017-06-06, 01:21 PM
Regular User

I am actually looking into it, although the drive will be horrible for me. I work downtown Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrizia View Post
It didn't take 2 years to build. They only started construction in the fall of last year.. But I put my deposit down in Sep of 2015. There's been some delays but I'd rather them take their time getting things done properly. The price was right and I couldn't pass it up especially with all the incentives being offered. If you work in Kanata, which I do, the drive will be a breeze. Not to mention less congestion. Kemptville is also a growing community but not as congested as Kanata or Barrhaven.
Old 2017-06-06, 01:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemy1415 View Post
I am actually looking into it, although the drive will be horrible for me. I work downtown Ottawa.
Yeah, that's rough. Unless you can work from home a few times a week or get a transfer to Kanata or West Ottawa? I used to live further than Kemptville and commuted daily to St. Laurent. Never again. I see the 417 E every morning and it's always gridlocked. There's a home up for sale in the same neighborhood right now.. This is the Sierra model which is priced at $334,990 brand new but the owners are selling at $389K.

http://www.royallepage.ca/en/propert...63/mls1061991/

Last edited by Patrizia; 2017-06-06 at 01:54 PM.
Old 2017-06-06, 05:30 PM
Regular User

Oh my! I wouldn't be able to do that! I just discussed it with my partner and he shut it down so quickly! lol The commute would be really hard for us so I can understand him.

Lovely home! Seems like it's cheaper to get it brand new, although they must have put quite a few upgrades into it.

Quote:
Yeah, that's rough. Unless you can work from home a few times a week or get a transfer to Kanata or West Ottawa? I used to live further than Kemptville and commuted daily to St. Laurent. Never again. I see the 417 E every morning and it's always gridlocked. There's a home up for sale in the same neighborhood right now.. This is the Sierra model which is priced at $334,990 brand new but the owners are selling at $389K.

http://www.royallepage.ca/en/propert...63/mls1061991/
Old 2017-06-21, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Hi, I am planning to buy a house in Kemptville, confused between Voila and Sierra, any suggestions please ?
Old 2017-06-22, 11:02 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy a house in Kemptville, confused between Voila and Sierra, any suggestions please ?
Hi, both models are essentially identical with the exception that the Sierra master bedroom is slightly bigger and comes with double vanity sinks in bathroom. It's also more expensive by $15k. I guess it depends on your budget and whether you care for the double sinks or not. Double sinks is a nice to have and a good selling feature. Are they offering any upgrades at the Design Center and how much? That's something to consider as well.
Old 2017-07-07, 11:45 AM
Regular User

Almost there.. !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	House.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	824.2 KB
ID:	14102  
Old 2017-07-07, 03:20 PM
Regular User

Is that spray foam between the garage door frame and the foundation near the bottom left of the door?

I have a big gap there. It seems to me that the home builders in the area have not figured how to properly seal the door frame with vinyl cladding. Id be interested in seeing how your builder does this. I will probably visit your neighbourhood this weekend to see what they have done haha.