Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-12-28, 08:18 PM
Regular User

I guess this is why builder builds the apartments last - after they finished developing the whole area.
Old 2016-12-29, 10:01 AM
Regular User

It is much like the Minto development in Chapman Mills. The apartments/high density and commercial portion of the Barrhaven South Community has been on the planning maps for at least 5 years (probably much longer).

It's also very boorish to assume that higher density/affordable housing equals "there goes the neighbourhood." The current village homes would qualify as affordable housing, the Minto ampersand community would be classified as high density and the "Links at Stonebridge" would also be a high density/affordable housing development. I personally don't think that these neighbourhoods suffer due to the presence of "affordable housing". Minto even has rentals (although I think they have been sold to a property management company) in their Chapman Mills community near the new Movati.

As someone else pointed out, these areas often help with entry into home ownership. This is how good communities are built. If you want a want a neighbourhood with all homes worth at least a half a million dollars, Barrhaven or anywhere within the (sub)urban area is probably not the place.
Old 2017-01-18, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
My fiance and I have bought an Oak End townhouse in this phase. We will be on Buffalograss Cres. We take possession around the end of Sept.
I know this is a long shot but would you happen to have any pictures of your Oak End model that you'd be willing to share. My husband and I recently purchased the Oak End model in the new and upcoming area, Abbottsville Crossing, but of course, there are no model homes.
Old 2017-01-18, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottsville View Post
I know this is a long shot but would you happen to have any pictures of your Oak End model that you'd be willing to share. My husband and I recently purchased the Oak End model in the new and upcoming area, Abbottsville Crossing, but of course, there are no model homes.
I don't currently have any pictures of my house but when I was looking for pictures of the house like you are now I found the following links...

http://www.houzz.com/projects/148268...home-ottawa-on

http://sleye.londonhousephoto.ca/551foxli/media/

Hope this helps! I also had some MLS and Real estate links but they have since died. When do you guys close?
Old 2017-01-18, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I don't currently have any pictures of my house but when I was looking for pictures of the house like you are now I found the following links...

http://www.houzz.com/projects/148268...home-ottawa-on

http://sleye.londonhousephoto.ca/551foxli/media/

Hope this helps! I also had some MLS and Real estate links but they have since died. When do you guys close?
Perfect, thank you. I've tried looking through MLS and Grapevine and haven't had any success. Would you happen to have any suggestions for upgrades? We actually have a long closing date, February 2018. I'm kind of an eager beaver lol and like to plan ahead and gather all my info.
Old 2017-02-03, 09:19 AM
Regular User

Hello All,

I recently bought a Single house from Mattamy at Half Moon Bay. My closing is April 2017. I was just wondering how is your experience with Mattamy so far? Specially the home owners who are already moved in to your new house in this community. How are you finding the quality of your houses? Any major issues etc are you facing?

Thanks.
Old 2017-02-05, 12:31 PM
Regular User

Mattamy was quite good at fixing PDI issues and spent a day and a half addressing 30 day issues but now seems slower to address things. Outdoor items obviously have to wait but it takes persistence to get everything done.

That said the bulk of my issues were relatively minor. Outside items not complete, island had to be moved, incorrect tile pattern in 2 bathrooms, incorrect fixture in one, damage to bathtub and basement windows, damage to bricks and cap, kitchen cabinet door finish, framing in basement, paint throughout, etc. From reading various threads it's certainly no worse than other builders.
Old 2017-03-13, 11:47 PM
Regular User

Default Closing in May but no framewalk yet

Hello,
Our closing is in second week of May and we are on Devario Cr, we have not yet had our framewalk appointment and its not yet scheduled. Since now we have about 2 months left for closing I am bit concerned whether construction is on schedule or not. Does any one has any idea whether I need to be worried or not? any insights from current home owners from Mattamy will be good.

Cheers
Old 2017-03-14, 12:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarwal2 View Post
Hello,
Our closing is in second week of May and we are on Devario Cr, we have not yet had our framewalk appointment and its not yet scheduled. Since now we have about 2 months left for closing I am bit concerned whether construction is on schedule or not. Does any one has any idea whether I need to be worried or not? any insights from current home owners from Mattamy will be good.

Cheers
I would call about getting a framewalk. They forgot to give us ours. With two months to go, I would think you might not be getting one...

They would have needed to give you proper notice if you're closing is delayed or they'd risk paying you daily fines. I believe it is 90 days notice (in your sales agreement).
Old 2017-03-14, 10:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarwal2 View Post
Hello,

Cheers
If they have already closed the walls, see if you can get a cabinet walk. I had both a framewalk and a cabinet walk. I'm on Buffalograss and moved in on time. If you're in the area, you can always drive by on the weekends and take a peak.

I echo Sarah's comments as well.