Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-02-24, 06:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamnShum View Post
So we got our PDI call and it's the same day as our closing! We are not happy about it at all but I guess the silver lining is that we aren't getting delayed.
I would look at it on the positive side as well, especially after reading the posts this last week about people waiting for "the call" to get the keys on the closing day. If you have to wait anywhere to get the call it might as well be in your new home. As well, as other Cardel home owners have recently posted thier PDI's issues have been mostly cosmentic. I'm sure it will go well and if there are "issues" Cardel will deal with them quickly.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Axis Heating Group AC Buy

Does anyone have any experience with this company? The deal they are offering is pretty good, especially since they include HST and installation but I am always a little weary of getting work like this done from a relative unknown company.

Anyone sign up to get a unit from them?
Old 2011-02-25, 02:25 PM
Regular User

I'm considering signing on to this group buy as well, the Axis Heating reviews by others on this site seem to be positive (this isn't thier first group buy, and there doesn't seen to be any complaints from people on here). I got a/c, humidifier and HRV quotes from them as a part of the group buy and am just in the process of getting one other quote just so I have a point of comparison.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky View Post
I'm considering signing on to this group buy as well, the Axis Heating reviews by others on this site seem to be positive (this isn't thier first group buy, and there doesn't seen to be any complaints from people on here). I got a/c, humidifier and HRV quotes from them as a part of the group buy and am just in the process of getting one other quote just so I have a point of comparison.
Please keep me posted. I think the current deal they have expires on Monday. I have a call and email in to Sam but I haven't heard anything back yet.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:44 PM
Regular User

Will do, I may not hear back on the other quote until Monday, but I'll let you know when I do. For the group buy deal, you just have to pay the 100$ non-refundable deposit by Monday on the Axis website (quoting the promo code) to get the deal. You wouldn't have to pick your a/c unit or schedule the install until later.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky View Post
Will do, I may not hear back on the other quote until Monday, but I'll let you know when I do. For the group buy deal, you just have to pay the 100$ non-refundable deposit by Monday on the Axis website (quoting the promo code) to get the deal. You wouldn't have to pick your a/c unit or schedule the install until later.
Fair enough but I don't want to give 100 to a company I may not even use. I will do some research this weekend and make a decision on Monday.

I tried finding reviews on them on the net but I couldn't find anything. I just want to see if they have pictures of installs or places I can see installs.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:50 PM
Regular User

No pressure Dunky, but I'm interested to hear what you find out too...
Old 2011-02-25, 03:44 PM
Regular User

I have heard lots of good reviews about the company but my issue is that they install Goodman central AC and I can't find anything good about them.

Here are 2 sites:

http://www.furnacecompare.com/air-co...odman/reviews/

http://www.central-air-conditioner-a...ditioners.html

If I understand correctly they are technically made by Amana. There seems to have been an issue with quality control in the past. Not sure if it has been fixed.

Best bet is to call Axis and talk to them maybe. We get our AC with the house so it's 1 less thing we need to worry about
Ex-Minto Homeowner
Old 2011-03-01, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Default 30 day form

Our 30-day form is due at the end of this week, and we debated whether or not to get an inspection before sending the list. We ended up calling Phil Acker to come and take a look, and all I can say is that it was the best decision we ever made!!

They found things that I would have never even thought to look for! And any doubts I had about certain things were either confirmed or put to rest once and for all! Will definitely be having them back for the one year inspection!!

Most things found were oversights or defects rather than structural issues, but for example, they found that the back water valve cover was missing. Just an oversight, but if the sewers ever back up, my basement would be full of waste!!! I would have never looked for that!
Old 2011-03-01, 01:02 PM
Regular User

Speaking of Sewer back-up, I'll just let everyone know that I'm an insurance broker, in the event that you have any questions just PM me, not pressuring or promoting - just a little neighbourly help since I'm not much good to anyone in terms of physical labour...cheers