Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-08-07, 11:11 PM
Regular User

Heads up to those in Phase 3. If you haven't checked your mail in a couple of days, you may want to do so. We received a letter today that reads:
"The purpose of this letter is to further update you on delays affecting the development of neighbourhood 3 in our Mattamy Fairwinds community. Unfortunately, Mattamy Homes wil be unable to meet the scheduled closing date of your home and of every other home to be built in neighbourhood 3. We realize this is disappointing nes for you but we want you to know as soon as possible.

A shortage of skolled trades people in the Ottawa area has forced us to adjust our construction timetable so we can be sure to deliver the quality expected by you and all our phase 3 customers.

We recognize the need to keep you informed on the progress of the community and your new home. Over the coming months, we will do our best to align our production schedule with the availiability of trade labour which means we are unable at this time to provide you with a new official closing date. However, based on our preliminary assessments, we are working towards November 26, 2008 as the date we expect to have your home completed. We would like you to note that this letter is not your Taroin notice of delay-a formal notice of delay will be sent via registered mail.

Please be assured that Mattamy Homes will continue working diligently to complete your new home as soon as practical while delivering a high level of quality and service that you expect from Mattamy Homes."

Good thing that I factored another delay into our temporary accomodations or we'd be living in a tent on the front yard of lot 17. I just wisht that they would have delayed us 2 days longer because I would have been able to claim a bit of compensation (maybe like $100 or something)
Old 2008-08-08, 08:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanc28 View Post
Not trying to offend anyone, but did you mean that it's ok to have junk in the house when they clearly tell everyone it's not ok? (i.e. no food signs everywhere)

Why can't they have good framing AND a clean house? Are we lowering our standard to match theirs?
I've an update on this. We stopped by and were very happy to find out that we have a clean house! Woo hoo! All my friends' houses are clean too! I think Mattamy went in and cleaned all the houses last week.

First sign of more good things to come? Fingers still crossed!
Old 2008-08-08, 08:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanc28 View Post
I've an update on this. We stopped by and were very happy to find out that we have a clean house! Woo hoo! All my friends' houses are clean too! I think Mattamy went in and cleaned all the houses last week.

First sign of more good things to come? Fingers still crossed!
That is a good sign!
Old 2008-08-08, 09:24 PM
Regular User

wow, this is good! I'm so glad to hear this, thank u :-D
Old 2008-08-08, 10:42 PM
Regular User

Since the new guy from TO came my house has been clean almost every time I've gone in. They seem to really be making an effort to fix things...hopefully they've given themselves all the extra time they need to get back on track and manage things with the same quality they had when they started out.
Original closing: October 11, 2008
Revised closing: February 19, 2009
Re-revised closing: February 6, 2009