Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-04-14, 01:32 PM
Regular User

Smile Update on Fairwinds North Community

I bought in the new Mattamy Fairwinds release last October. I bought a village home that'll be built on Messor crescent, the extension of Montserrat. My closing is 'supposed' to be March 2010, but judging by the MULTIPLE posts on this site, I'm not placing too much stock on that. Any neighbours out there???

Last edited by NewDivaHomeowner; 2009-04-14 at 01:45 PM.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:51 PM
Regular User

hey,

what lot did you buy? We bought 5-3 on Messor. Welcome to the board.

Old 2009-04-14, 02:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeApplebyInFairwinds View Post
hey,

what lot did you buy? We bought 5-3 on Messor. Welcome to the board.
I bought 5-9. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by NewDivaHomeowner; 2009-04-14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2009-04-15, 10:26 AM
Regular User

Have you met anyone else who's going to be living in the area? I've met about 2 other houses (one of them your next door neighbour I think), and one of my friends is living about 2 doors down from me as well..so far it's been all younger people in their 20s, early 30s...you?
Old 2009-04-15, 01:15 PM
Regular User

Some of our friends have bought in the neighbourhood as well. Everyone around seems to be in there 20-30's. I'll be 27 when we move in and my b.f will be 25.

I can't wait to meet everyone. 11 months to go lol

Old 2009-04-15, 10:26 PM
Regular User

Hi Neighbours!

We (my bf and I) will be right beside you NewDivaHomeowner and back-to-back to you 1stTimeApplebyInFairwinds. We just finalized on Lot 5-8 today with a first closing date of March 11th, 2010. Like you said NewDiva, we aren't really expecting to move on that date, but we're not in a rush. We are both first time home buyers in our mid-20's too.

My parents just closed a few weeks ago on Sedgebrook Way in a Sweetriver Village Home. It looks fantastic and is coming together nicely (after 4 months of delays). There are a few hiccups here and there, but it's always like that with new construction. That's why you have warranties and Post-Delivery Inspections, right?

Looking forward to getting to "meet" everyone from Messor Crescent!
Old 2009-04-17, 12:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren & Pete View Post
Hi Neighbours!

We (my bf and I) will be right beside you NewDivaHomeowner and back-to-back to you 1stTimeApplebyInFairwinds. We just finalized on Lot 5-8 today with a first closing date of March 11th, 2010. Like you said NewDiva, we aren't really expecting to move on that date, but we're not in a rush. We are both first time home buyers in our mid-20's too.

Looking forward to getting to "meet" everyone from Messor Crescent!
YAY!! Nice to meet you Lauren and Pete! It's funny because my friend and I were just talking about your lot and wondering if anyone had bought it because you're right between us! Don't worry we're both young and easy going so you won't have any problems! lol..
Old 2009-04-18, 11:59 PM
Regular User

Hello!!
You should come to Windy Wednesdays!! Fairwinds residents get together at a restaurant in the Centrum every Wednesday at 6pm. The restaurant gives us 20% off. It is a great opportunity to meet your new neighbours and make some friends.
If you would like to find out more, send me an email at paldis1@yahoo.com.
It's a lot of fun and we are always looking to get more and more people out each week.
Lots of folks from the formum come!! Hope you will too...
Old 2009-04-21, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Hello neighbor,
We just bought a new home on Maple Grove...closing date suppose to be April 2010.
I'm not holding my breath either for that. I was told when we signned our purchase aggreement that they were suppose to start land survey's and blasting on Maple Grove in mid-March. As far I've seen I don't think any of that has started yet. So I guess we are already delayed, oh well, still can't wait to move in already.
Old 2009-05-06, 08:17 AM
Regular User

It's nice to meet you NewDiva! Glad to hear that you and your friend are laid back, young ppl like us. From what I've gathered on the forum it's a lot of younger first time buyers. Looking forward to seeing what the neighbourhood mix is like.

WCN welcome to you too! and congrats on your purchase!

I was down at our lots on Messor Cres. the other day. I was talking to a lady who lives right at the corner (across from where the park will be) and she said they've been blasting our lots! Yay!!! I've never been so happy for dynamite. lol She said they are working in that area Monday to Friday, 12 hour days. That's what I like to hear! I took some pics, but am having trouble getting them uploaded. I'll keep trying though.

I asked the lady if I was the only person who comes to take pictures of a pile of dirt. She assured me I was not alone.