Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2009-12-22, 01:07 PM
Regular User

I don't know what to say anymore! Wow...can't say it puts me in a good mood but won't go as far as to say what I'm really thinking! Thanks Sarcol for letting me know...and yeah, if you find out anything else...please do keep me posted. It won't change anything now cause I've already signed off...but I'd still like to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcol27 View Post
Straycat: I just spoke to K at the design centre and she confirmed that it is "vanilla". I do find the model home pictures to look very white, so I'm still a doubter since you received different info. K says the sheet lists it has having vanilla on maple. I'm going to head out there later today with both samples and see for myself. I'll keep you posted.

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013

Old 2009-12-22, 02:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
**Sorry to thread jack!**

Yes, we bought from Mattamy. We have our fingers crossed for the beginning of 2011, and there is still a process or a few they have to go through... We are prepared and expecting another delay.

Here are a few kitchens which I like a lot:

I like the overall look of this one (minus those pendant lamps over the island)...

I love the look and chandelier over this one, but the cabinets are too yellow-y -

This one is for the knobs ONLY -

So basically, I want vanilla cabinets, dark island, dark hardwood (going to select that today), not too much frou-frou, but not super sharp lines... somewhere in the middle. Chimney hood fan in stainless steel (no glass), glass subway tile backsplash (I don't know what colour) or some type of mosaic. The paint will be Benjamin Moore's Ranchwood or Farrow & Ball's Mouse's Back.
See - I have no idea how to describe it.

Oh, and just for fun - this is the chandelier I want for the dining room. The paint will be Benjamin Moore's Piedmont Grey...

I just want a very warm feel - somewhere you'd love to hang out in.
Help!
It will look very nice Cosmogirl! I am not sure what you need help with, you seem pretty decided as to what you want. And the backsplash you can decide after closing, tie it in together. You have loads of options since you're doing hardwood, you don't have to match a tile, and cream and brown is easy to work with. It made me laugh though that you picked your paint colours first! lol!
Old 2009-12-22, 04:30 PM
Regular User

Sorry, Straycat, but the cabinets are vanilla. I went with both colour samples today to the model home in Chaperal and they are in fact an off-white. You would never know unless you put something start white up against them. I think yours are going to look great! I'm even wondering if I should go with traditional white! So undecided!
Old 2009-12-22, 07:33 PM
Regular User

Thanks Sarcol!!

Wow...unreal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcol27 View Post
Sorry, Straycat, but the cabinets are vanilla. I went with both colour samples today to the model home in Chaperal and they are in fact an off-white. You would never know unless you put something start white up against them. I think yours are going to look great! I'm even wondering if I should go with traditional white! So undecided!

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013