Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2015-08-12, 10:09 PM
Regular User

I haven't received anything . Should we be expecting something like that ?
Old 2015-08-13, 07:34 AM
Regular User

How is there still permit issues ?? The whole bloody summer has gone by!! What is everyone doing ???
Old 2015-08-13, 07:56 AM
Regular User

I can't figure out how this is allowed to happen .
Old 2015-08-13, 08:20 AM

This is getting ridiculous. I know we mentioned it before but maybe we should think about getting the media involved again. The pressure of the attention of even the surrounding the community may bring us more answers? I don't know what else to do and we are frustrated as well.
Why even send us the request from the alarm/wiring ppl if the houses are not even a twinkle in our eyes? Spending more money and we don't even have an idea of what is happening and when?
We haven't received any other communication but will post if we do.
Old 2015-08-13, 11:01 AM
Regular User

The site has been fairly quiet the last week or so except for the continued work on the services. Yesterday a cement truck entered the site and actually poured a foundation on the first hole dug several weeks ago. That's about it. Not sure what the hold up is. We finally got our fence sorted that backs onto the wet pond but that took several emails and calls to the town engineer. It was supposed to be replaced a year ago! This project has progressed very slowly right from the start of land clearing back in March 2013. Hope you get this resolved soon. Our property backs onto the site and we have been here since the beginning so I am able to give visual updates.
Old 2015-08-13, 11:08 AM
Regular User

The part that I find confusing is that they have started with the first foundation like you mentioned which means they have a permit to build but why is it moving so slowly ? Every other subdivision is a flurry of activity once they begin .
Old 2015-08-13, 11:58 AM
Regular User

I was recently delayed again, supposed to close this fall. I will now be closing March 2016, I purchased in May 2013!
Old 2015-08-13, 12:11 PM
Regular User

Not sure why it's moving so slowly. It has been like this from the start. I thought once they started digging the basements that building would progress fairly quickly. The development on Dayfoot is moving right along with several houses already bricked. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for everyone waiting for their homes to be built. I remember our neighbours saying that they were in within a year when our part was built in the mid 90's. Three years seems an unreasonably long time to wait.
Old 2015-08-13, 07:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggles View Post
The way I see it is a lot of peopleís lives have been put on hold. How long can you keep living with relatives? How long can you keep living out of boxes? It becomes really frustrating when you see other subdivisions coming up and absolutely nothing happening with your own. It has come the point where I donít even tell people we bought a house. If I look back at it I would say this has been one of the worst decisionís we have made. This builders donít care and donít even communicate. For the last year all we see is some stick with a lot number. No house, the only positive thing the builder says is at least the house price went up. That is only true if there is a house on the lot I canít sell the stick.
I don't know what to do in term of school being my kids are going to they're last year of middle school. I am hoping they'll not be unhappy in high school.
Old 2015-08-14, 10:27 AM
Regular User

Default aug 14 ......

another day of little action ......got one formed and stripped form is moved over but footings still not poured.....lots of activity on the other site but still nothing here, they have screwed the whole summer away.Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	611.1 KB
ID:	13146 here is a pic of a balloon making a unexpected landing last sunday morning, the most excitement all week! the development total is 160 lots. so far 123 have been developed with the remaining 37 along the creek on Straughan Trail yet to be developed. It was my understanding that building permits had been issued a while back via the town council meeting minutes. The other site on Dayfoot, I believe still has to put in hydro and gas, but they are still going ahead digging holes and forming basements on the southern portion of that development now. September closings on the northern portion where they have constructed many homes with finishes going in now.