Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2015-08-25, 09:32 AM
Regular User

No negotiation . Set prices . I went in there with my negotiation pants on and quickly learned it wasn't happening
Old 2015-08-25, 11:20 AM
Regular User

No one working ????? Wtf . Are these guys friggin kidding ? I wish I could get my money back and get the hell out of there
Old 2015-08-25, 11:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley86 View Post
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who has already had their décor appointment can tell me if there is any sort of element of negotiation? Or if prices are set and no matter the amount of upgrades you are getting they don't budge. Thank you.

Hi Ashley86,

Prices were set in stone and review the price list if you can. I was told by the decor lady, prices were going up in July but I can not confirm this.

I had a number of error... repeated error... on my decor documents. Take your time, bring your own paper and note down what room has what colour section codes, from the titles, counters, flooring, etc. Perhaps even take pictures of what you have selected
Old 2015-08-25, 12:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Hi Ashley86,

Prices were set in stone and review the price list if you can. I was told by the decor lady, prices were going up in July but I can not confirm this.

I had a number of error... repeated error... on my decor documents. Take your time, bring your own paper and note down what room has what colour section codes, from the titles, counters, flooring, etc. Perhaps even take pictures of what you have selected
Thank you for your advice. I had contacted them for revised pricing earlier this month as I had also heard prices were going up (I was told June). The items I had requested prices for went up slightly and one actually went down. Until I have my appointment and see the prices ,I have no faith that they will remain the same. Furthermore, with the lack of progress at the site, who knows when my appointment may even be.
Old 2015-08-25, 02:26 PM
Regular User

Last night we had to call the police as they were loading a backhoe onto a transport at 12:30am! Tired if all the BS with this site. If I was a home buyer I would definitely be contacting the media. Something definitely not right with this development and those of us already here are tired of the noise and dust.
Old 2015-08-25, 10:25 PM
Regular User

Sorry I meant to say they tried to remove the one and only excavator from the site. The police stopped them. It is still sitting there tonight idle like it's been for the last week. Waiting for word from the police if it was a theft attempt or repossession order. Anyhow they were not allowed to move it. Not sure how many more basements can be dug without an excavator. Sorry this isn't better news. I thought there would be a lot of action once those first holes were dug.
Old 2015-08-25, 10:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Sorry I meant to say they tried to remove the one and only excavator from the site. The police stopped them. It is still sitting there tonight idle like it's been for the last week. Waiting for word from the police if it was a theft attempt or repossession order. Anyhow they were not allowed to move it. Not sure how many more basements can be dug without an excavator. Sorry this isn't better news. I thought there would be a lot of action once those first holes were dug.
No way Queenie! We all just want to be good neighbours... if we ever get there. I am sorry you guys have been putting with this for so long!!! We share your pain. I disappointed to learn they were trying to move construction equipment around at 12:30AM!
Old 2015-08-26, 11:47 AM
Regular User

This posted from them yesterday,

"Thank you for your inquiries. Many permits are available, but the Developer is still completing the title transfer. Direct correspondence will be sent to our Purchasers shortly."
Old 2015-08-27, 08:04 AM
Regular User

what happened to MrBiggles?
Old 2015-08-27, 11:43 AM
Regular User

Not sure. I also noticed all his posts have been removed.