Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2009-07-22, 10:24 AM
Regular User

Smile Upper Thornhill Estates - Official Community Thread

I am starting this thread for current and future residents in Upper Thornhill Estates to discuss and chat about anything within the community, e.g. organizing events like garage sale, WATCH program, bus services, future schools & parks development, prices for new/resale houses, etc.

Hopefully, we will get more neighbours here to join once they find more information on this thread.

Cheers

Last edited by rdx; 2009-07-22 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:33 AM
Regular User

My first question is that does anyone know when they will extend the Via Romano all the way to Major Mac? That's what I heard it is the site plan.

And at the entrance from Queen Filomena, it is supposed to be business area according to my builder's site plan. Not sure when they are going to have an office building there. I only see they are building offices along Major Mac at Valley of Thornhill area.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:33 AM
Regular User

That area north of Queen Filomena has not sold. Same thing with the area near Vanda Dr just south of Teston. Both Vanda Dr streets was supposed to connect but the land in between has not Sold. The developer has since put a cul de sac on one end.

The builder puts in their vision for the community but it is just that a vision. Circumstances can change.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:34 AM
Regular User

Anyone know when the Catholic school will be built?

What is going in between the two schools??
Old 2009-07-22, 12:04 PM
Regular User

I don't understand why builders put all single garage on the same street just south of Teston, from far they look like townhouses. It will look better if they mix just one or two in the double garage neighbourhood. Anyway, I am glad they are close to Teston end , far from my area :P

BTW, when I checked out those single garage houses area last week, I found there are SEMIS on one street. I thought UTE is supposed to have ALL detached. Did they recently change the plan because of the financial crisis?? I know Sometime when the builder can't sell the double garages, they might end up building single.
Old 2009-07-22, 01:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx View Post
I don't understand why builders put all single garage on the same street just south of Teston, from far they look like townhouses. It will look better if they mix just one or two in the double garage neighbourhood. Anyway, I am glad they are close to Teston end , far from my area :P

BTW, when I checked out those single garage houses area last week, I found there are SEMIS on one street. I thought UTE is supposed to have ALL detached. Did they recently change the plan because of the financial crisis?? I know Sometime when the builder can't sell the double garages, they might end up building single.
Those semi's were always there since Phase 1. I believe those ones there will be the only ones in UTE, which are only one street.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC23 View Post
Those semi's were always there since Phase 1. I believe those ones there will be the only ones in UTE, which are only one street.
Yes, I only saw the semis on that short street. They are unique now Who were the builder broke the rule in UTE ? They should just build those 25' lot detached and stick with the rule.

Last edited by rdx; 2009-07-22 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:53 PM
Regular User

I haven't found any 3 garages house in UTE. Are builders planning to build some in our neighbourhood ? I only know they have 2+1 tandem parking type of 3 car garage.
Old 2009-07-22, 03:23 PM
Regular User

Default you knew the courts along Lady Fennyrose ?

there are a lot 3 garage by CTW
Old 2009-07-22, 04:17 PM
Regular User

Here's one on Lady Fennyrose, currently on MLS asking $1.199 Million

There are also a few 200+ deep lot with 3 doors garage by Goldpark homes.