Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-10-03, 01:18 AM
Regular User

Default where does everyone keep their vacuum set and dust brooms

this is an awkward issue in itself. i dont like central vac because they're not very good so we didnt go for that install, there is not really a provided closet for this. i hate lugging from the basement and i prefer not to store in entry closet where clean jackets can be stored. what a dilema
Old 2009-10-03, 08:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedBlue View Post
i dont like central vac because they're not very good
Can you elaborate?
Central vacs actually have more suction power than most portable units.
With a central vac, you are only storing the hose which hangs easily in the laundry room or closet.
Old 2009-10-03, 08:52 PM
Regular User

In our house (Mattamy Sandfield) we have the option of putting a pantry in our kitchen. We're going to join two of the cupboards together to make a small broom closet in our kitchen. They have done this as an example in the Westlynn model home kitchen. It's not spacious but it will give us a place for our brooms. :-)