Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2009-12-31, 02:50 PM
Regular User

Default Castlemore Crossing - Royal Pine - Phase 1+2

Hi,
Have any of you bought from Royal Pine phase 2? I purchase a home from them 3 months ago.

Also, Phase 1 buyers have you been to the decor centre yet? What upgrades did you get? What are the prices like?

Thanks,
Kay.
Closing March 25, 2011

Old 2010-01-07, 12:48 AM
Regular User

Kay,
I had recently visited RP Homes and had seen a lot of houses sold out, but seems like you are the first user inquiring about it.

other seem to be content with the builder. Anyway i looked at their list of items/upgrades provided and i think its top of the line, does cover most of the stuff one would look for.

is your house a semi det. or det.?
Old 2010-01-07, 01:35 AM
Regular User

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your response.
I bought a detach.

I actually went there when they had lots available for phase 1, but I wanted to take my time to look at all the available builders. When I went back 2 months later all the good lots in phase 1 was gone so I ending up buying phase 2 for $20K+ more.

I know I had compare Royal Pine to other builders and I find that most of their standard features are upgrade for other builders.

Did you end up buying a house anywhere else?

Kay
Closing March 25, 2011

Old 2010-01-12, 01:50 PM
Regular User

Smile

Hi Kay,

Seems like i am gonna end up buying a house with RP. Yes you are right the prices seems to be on the higher end in this phase 2.

I was not looking for new homes a couple of months ago so never had a chance to look at phase 1, but i guess it must have started sometime last march or so.

Though the prices are at higher end, i do see that most of the upgrades for other builders are standard features with RP. The other reason i may go with RP is the recent prices i saw at Milton Trails. Its a damn big price jump by builders then a couple of months ago. So going forward the prices in brampton are always going to drive up...I hear Country homes and Mattamy are going to release new lots sometime in feb. end or March and i bet they will want to cash in this time.

When is your closing? the lot (40'- Silver Magnolia) i am looking at is to be closed Apr end 2011.

Jackie,
Old 2010-01-19, 08:17 AM
Regular User

Jackie,
I close march 25, 2011. No doubt they'll raise their prices. I was at the mattamt phase 2 release and it was nuts!! People lined up for days. I was waiting for that release months. But I can't justify waiting in line for days to spend my money...lol. The house that I wanted ended bring 35k+ more than phase 1 plus it was mostly premium lots. That's when I decided to look else where. Also mattamt offered no incentives. At least royal pine gives the oak stairs and hardwood on the lower level plus $10k in upgrade money. Phase 3 of mattamy will be semis and towns.

Let me know which street your on.
Kay.
Closing March 25, 2011

Old 2010-01-20, 05:54 PM
Regular User

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the info. This will definitely help me to make up my mind.
I am still in process of finalising the lot/street.

I have moved now from Silver Magnolia to Silver Maple, the only thing i got to convince myself is about the hardie boards on the side of elev. A. i have asked the agent and builder to give me optional roof if possible or make the side all brick. Once he responsds to my satisfaction, i will book it.

They suggested lots of Wynview Street (2) and (2) on Gentry way. Also i find RP good for the fact that all structural changes has to be discussed at the time of booking so that whatever you want, you can get it or get convinced with the current design. I did ask about upgrade list with prices, but they said they don't give out. Also visit to decor centre is by appointment only. Is this true? did they tell the same thing to you?

Is the listed price negotiable? were you able to bargain at the time of booking or before that?
Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but you are the only one who is on this community from RP Homes.

Last edited by jackie; 2010-01-20 at 06:04 PM.
Old 2010-01-20, 06:13 PM
Regular User

I bought in Mackenzie chase. Look at the Windsor 400 from RP for your roof design. Same house, no boards. No work necessary!
Old 2010-01-21, 02:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onearmed View Post
I bought in Mackenzie chase. Look at the Windsor 400 from RP for your roof design. Same house, no boards. No work necessary!
Thanks buddy, appreciate your feedback.
Have let the agent know about this, and he is awaiting feedback from builder.

hopefully they don't charge 2k to 5k for changing roof design.
Old 2010-01-25, 02:56 PM
Regular User

Hi Jackie,
Good luck getting them to change the hardie boards at the side, I was told that they don't make any changes to the exterior. I was able to negotiate the price. I'm not sure how I feel about the structural changes being done upfront since I've changed my mind so many times...lol. I've made a few structural changes after we purchased, I've even changed house. We first bought the silver maple then we wanted to change to the silver oak (but we couldn't because the neighbour beside had the same elevation and design), now we have the silver sycamore (which I'm happy with). However, my husband and I have been debating the where the laundry room should be. I think we should bring it up stairs in bedroom 3 walk-in closet, but he thinks we should leave it on the main floor. I made a structural change in the family room (re: the solid wall) now I want to change again ( I think I came up with a better idea). I going nuts with all these choices. I think my problem is the time that I have until closing...too much. I even wanted to rearrange the downstairs layout...lol. I really like the downstairs setup of the silver oak and love the upstairs setup of the silver sycamore.

Oh..BTW..those streets are new opens we didn't have that option when we bought. I'm on Idaho (not too found of the name) but it was this street or bellchase. I think bellchase will be a busy street so I picked Idaho.
Closing March 25, 2011

Last edited by Kay; 2010-01-25 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2010-02-01, 12:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
Hi Jackie,
Good luck getting them to change the hardie boards at the side, I was told that they don't make any changes to the exterior. I was able to negotiate the price. I'm not sure how I feel about the structural changes being done upfront since I've changed my mind so many times...lol. I've made a few structural changes after we purchased, I've even changed house. We first bought the silver maple then we wanted to change to the silver oak (but we couldn't because the neighbour beside had the same elevation and design), now we have the silver sycamore (which I'm happy with). However, my husband and I have been debating the where the laundry room should be. I think we should bring it up stairs in bedroom 3 walk-in closet, but he thinks we should leave it on the main floor. I made a structural change in the family room (re: the solid wall) now I want to change again ( I think I came up with a better idea). I going nuts with all these choices. I think my problem is the time that I have until closing...too much. I even wanted to rearrange the downstairs layout...lol. I really like the downstairs setup of the silver oak and love the upstairs setup of the silver sycamore.

Oh..BTW..those streets are new opens we didn't have that option when we bought. I'm on Idaho (not too found of the name) but it was this street or bellchase. I think bellchase will be a busy street so I picked Idaho.
Hi Kay,

Sorry for a late reply, actually missed your post.
Yes we finally succeded in getting the roof changed, costed me 2k.
Actually i would go with your husband and keep the laundry room on main floor. Reasons being noise, vibration and floor drain.

We did same like you, started with magnolia and have finally settled in for maple, (you are a step further than us by going with Sycamore). I like Sycamore, except that my wife does not prefer the front balcony part, hence never reviewed it.

Keep in touch and we can discuss about upgrades and all...may be through PM. did you select your brick?

Last edited by jackie; 2010-02-01 at 12:32 PM.