Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-01-18, 07:01 PM

Default Phoenix Homes in Strandherd Meadows?

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has dealt with Phoenix Homes recently. Most reviews seem to be old (from 2006), so would like to get some feedback on what it is like to deal with them, quality of workmanship, after-sales services, etc. It seems like there are a lot of older negative reviews, but what are they like now?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2010-01-19, 09:55 AM
Regular User

We have purchased through Phoenix in Orleans. We have had no trouble as of yet. Construction has only begun but the process thus far has been fine. The lady at the sales center was not that friendly...however she has left the company so there is a new fresh face to greet potential customers!
Old 2010-01-19, 10:17 PM
Regular User

I think their homes are really pretty and well laid out, and Strandherd Meadows is awesome. In fact we looked there last summer.

The only thing I have heard was from our best friend who works for Tarion. He mentioned when we were looking around at houses in Barrhaven that their customer service AFTER closing is pretty bad. I'm not sure if this has changed since we asked him last summer... but he warned us that the items on the 30-day, 1 year list etc. didn't seem to be getting complete and he was doing a lot of intervening, which might be annoying if you have major problems.

Good Luck!

Old 2010-01-21, 02:08 AM

I am closing on the 26th on a madeket elevation b in strandheard meadows. i am going for my pdi tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. so far so good though.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:14 AM
Regular User

Smile Strandherd Meadows

I am in Chatham model since this Summer in Strandherd Meadows. Generally I have been quite satiesfied. I am just waiting for the constructions in the area to finish, in order to really appreciate it.
Old 2010-01-22, 12:58 PM
Regular User

I am currently a Phoenix home owner and just signed up to build a new home with them in Strandherd Meadows.
I spoke with the sales rep about the recent issues with aftersales service, they claim they are working to improve that. Most of the problems are them taking too long to get work done and/or contractors not showing up for appointments with the home owners.
It didn't stop us from proceeding as I love the design of the home we picked and like the location.
Old 2010-10-13, 04:36 PM

Red face waiting for new home by phoenix

We liked the design and bought the house in 2009. We were supposed to get our home in phase 5 of the Strandheard medows in October 2010. Now we are told that the next date is Feb of next year 2011. There seems to be no work done at the site. We are looking for a hectic start. Does not seem that Phoenix homes have enough resources to pull all this construction at their promised time.
Old 2010-10-14, 02:32 PM
Regular User

I think a lot of their resources in this area are concentrating on the development of the towns right now. However, thats not to say that once the city gives them the go ahead to develop phase 5 they cant get the trades in to do it.
Old 2010-11-22, 07:42 PM

Default Phoenix strandherd meadows

We were suppose to move into phase 5 in June 2011 but they moved it to October 2011.