Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2011-02-08, 01:32 AM

Thanks A lott for such a nice reply...bought a daffodil 1610 sq.ft..according to my budget... dont know how much mattamy town house cost?? any one have any idea.. whats their starting price?
Old 2011-02-08, 01:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleena View Post
Thanks A lott for such a nice reply...bought a daffodil 1610 sq.ft..according to my budget... dont know how much mattamy town house cost?? any one have any idea.. whats their starting price?
Congrats on your buy!
We bought our model back in September, do you know how many lots are left? I was wondering how they have been selling.
Old 2011-02-08, 03:47 PM

they still have some for sale.....my closing date aug 2012...
Old 2011-02-11, 12:36 PM
Regular User

was by the sales centre the other day and the sales aren't doing too bad I don't think. The blocks are either all sold except for one or two lots or they're pretty much empty except for one or two sold.
Block 10 had 1 end unit lot left
Block 12 has 1 end unit lot left
Block 8 has 4 lots left
Block 9 still had 5 lots left.
Semis were pretty much all sold except for the massive corner lot.

I didn't really look at the other blocks that they released after the initial release but those seem to be selling pretty good too. Not sure if it was a good idea for them to open up those other blocks since I think the people who would have bought into the initial release went over to those other ones. The second block of semis look like they were all sold too.

Prices looked to have gone up about 10K from the initial release, but the bonus package is still the same.

Last edited by mcarag; 2011-02-11 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:04 AM

Hey Aleena, We bought in phase two block47. We are happy we picked north star. Seem like a solid builder. We really liked the idea of having a walk way from garage to backyard, unlike mattamy where you have to walk through others backyards to get to yours. Are closing is for July 2012. I can't wait!
Old 2011-02-13, 01:13 PM
Regular User

Hello future neighbours!

My boyfriend and I just purchased our first home - a Daffodil before Christmas and we could not be more excited! Originally I thought we were meant to have the Daisy (our dogs name) but like another poster, the Daffodil was more in our budget.

Aleena - I believe with North Star you're getting great value with a builder that typically builds higher-end homes. When you add in all of the things that are included the cost, it's probably going to be around the same as a comparable Mattamy home if you did all of the upgrades that our homes come with as standard features.

Has anyone gone to the design centre yet? I'm curious to find out more information about the upgrades.
Old 2011-02-14, 12:22 PM
Regular User

Welcome! Sounds like we'll have some great neighbors in the area!
It will be a while before we get our upgrade packages but the wifey and I are planning on visiting the design centre in the spring. By the sounds of it, the place is pretty big so hopefully we have lots of choices on styles.

I'm a current Mattamy owner and I doubt I'd buy another Mattamy home (Escarpment Phase 1). I bought the house based on their great reputation but my neighbors and I have had nothing but problems. In my eyes, Mattamy homes are a great investment if you're looking to flip it, but I want quality to take precedence when I want to actually live in my home and the words Mattamy and Quality just don't go in the same sentence anymore...they've just gotten too big. Just ask anyone who has one of those warehouse built Mattamy homes and I'm sure they can tell you tons of stories. One thing Mattamy didn't tell buyers was that homes built in the warehouse can be built by "warehouse workers" who aren't necessarily "trades workers"...
Old 2011-02-16, 10:10 PM

My boyfriend and I just purchased the Iris model and couldn't be happier. We did so much research on all the other builders in Milton and found that North Star gave you a high quality home for a good price. My boyfriend is a contruction worker and has heard nothing but good things about NorthStar from friends who have worked for them!!! Our closing date is May 2012 and we can not wait!!!!!
Old 2011-02-16, 10:38 PM

Not sure if anyone has check out the suppliers yet but here are the websites:

appliances will be from : http://www.coastappliances.com/whycoast.htm

kitchen cabinets and hardware will be from: http://www.frendel.com/
Old 2011-02-17, 09:47 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the links Steph!
Glad to hear that your b/f can confirm that Northstar is a good builder.

Anyone have any idea what Coast Applicances prices to upgrade the standard appliances are? Or has anyone found out if instead of getting the appliances, we could get credit for them towards upgrades in the design centre?

Last edited by mcarag; 2011-02-17 at 09:50 AM.