Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-01-09, 11:09 PM
Regular User

Default Tartan Design Centre No Longer Giving Out Prices- Share info here!!

Hi,

Just as a heads up- I was in the Design Centre on Saturday and they can no longer give out any prices!! Such a complete pain Apparently there was too much confusion between the design centres prices and the binder being completly up to date and those at head office. So you can see what is standard but if you want to go up a level or two, you have to wait for your design apt to get the cost.

I thought I would start a thread to share the prices we do have! Better to have a ballpark price than no clue!!

I will post the info I managaed to get soon. Hope you do too!
Old 2011-01-09, 11:12 PM
Regular User

Just to clarify - you mean that during their "open houses" on Saturday and Sunday, correct?
They've had that policy for a while - there's been a sign posted for at least 6 months. Although a pain, it makes sense. I had been given tons of incorrect pricing at their open house
Old 2011-01-10, 08:27 AM
Regular User

That is correct- during their open houses. Odd that they have not been doing prices for months and yet I have been in the Design Centre Open Houses 3 or 4 times since the beginning of Dec and have been given prices every time!! I guess I was just lucky??!! Obviously Things like RFP's I was not given but a general to go from an A to A+" or "A to B" for ceramic, etc I was given.
Old 2011-01-10, 08:30 AM
Regular User

That is odd! The sign was posted at the stairs (it's said "no pricing will be given out during Open House... Please contact your DC consultant etc...")
I had been given prices, before that sign went up. In any case, I got a lot of wrong pricing (no fault of the girls, just miscommunication) and the higher price always prevails
Old 2011-01-10, 08:51 AM
Regular User

yup - its more painful but most builders do this now

too many options and models and price changes to maintain a binder

also often one change impacts the price of something else so its way better to get the real price
Old 2011-01-10, 04:31 PM
Regular User

Hmm..very odd. I say that it was just one partiuclar DC worker but my husband was in last Wednesday night and was given prices by another Tartan staff!! To be honest the only part I really noticed on the sign at the stairs was that no children were allowed! Perhaps they weren't supposed to giving out the prices but since the binder was there they did anyways?? Who knows. The binder is now gone! Makes sense though in terms or errors/ miscommunication.
Old 2011-01-10, 04:47 PM
Regular User

Almost all our pricing was done via e-mails. May be because most of our upgrades were odd and not very popular. We just finished with the DC and I can compile a small list of some prices if anyone interested.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
Almost all our pricing was done via e-mails. May be because most of our upgrades were odd and not very popular. We just finished with the DC and I can compile a small list of some prices if anyone interested.
I just purchased a Tartan home, heading over to design center today (open house) and I would love prices, I hate having to wait for an email reply and have them pretty much "make up" any price they want for "unusual" upgrades.
Old 2011-09-25, 12:57 PM
Regular User

can you post what you are interested in pricing for and the model? otherwise there are too many possiilities